Are Fender amps worth of interest?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HotRoded, Dec 13, 2004.

What are Fender bass amp worth?

Poll closed Jun 11, 2005.
  1. Fender is the only way to go!

1 vote(s)
  2. I have compared, and prefered Fender

7 vote(s)
  3. No too bad, but too expensive anyway

11 vote(s)
  4. They have some good stuff, but certainly not their bass amp

9 vote(s)
  5. They have such a bad reputation, I don't even look at them

0 vote(s)
  6. I don't like their tone, nor the lousy way they are built

2 vote(s)
  7. They are not reliable, never again

0 vote(s)
  8. Fender sucks!

1 vote(s)
  1. HotRoded

Jun 6, 2003
    Fender amps are almost never mentioned, and most often criticized a lot.

I for one like them. I have tried many things, and finally bought 400 PRO, to which I recently added the 115 PRO Extention. Sounds awsome. To me!
    My practise amp is a little Rumble 15.

I am curious as to why people don't seem to like them, not even the most recent ones, since FBA was created.
  2. oyvind2305

Dec 3, 2004
    Well...I tried the Rumble 100...and the 400 you got...I must say the Rumble sounded surprisingly good considering the low price.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    People love fenders here..

Not the cheapy 15w combo's... but the bassman series, rumbles, and the pro stuff, we all heart it.
  4. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Lets face it, it was once said in a reply that bass amp technology is not rocket science. Think about this for a moment. All bass amps made by large reputable companies should and probably do sound good. Some a little different or better than others. Most bass amps sound like a bass amp, period. Some stand out in a crowd as smoother, more textured or louder. It basically boils down to buyer preference. Sound (maybe), price, brand name, image, etc. So, if the amp sounds great to you and you have great tone coming forth that you can live with happily, be proud! Do not worry about others opinions. Fender is the father of electric bass and should be admired for it. Thererfore, if the Fender amp suites you, I say your a blessed player! Just enjoy it and be content! :p
  5. HotRoded

Jun 6, 2003
    That's how I feel!
    I am curious, not concerned: guitarists often use Fender amps, not bass player, there should a reason why.

I am really happy with my rig.
    It would be awsome if Fender builds bass amps with a more vintage look, like tweed, blonde tolex...
  6. IMO, Fender 400 Pro is a great sounding amp. Factor in the price and it gets sweeter.

I did blow a speaker in my 400 Pro :( Sure I was upset. Replaced the drivers with Eminence Deltalite NEO's and couldn't be happier. I think my speaker issue may have just been a fluke.
  7. Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I've heard a lot of "never again!" griping about poor warranty repair, difficulty getting replacement parts and that sort of thing.

Face it, every non-boutique production amp has a relatively high number of defects showing up in units actually used as pro gigging amps, and if you don't have really good warranty support you're going to lose a lot of goodwill with pro users.
  8. chunky

Nov 3, 2004
    Portland Oregon
    I tried out Mesa, Ampeg, and settled on my Bassman 300. I paid a buttload of money for it too, price wasn't my deciding factor.
  9. I think Fenders are pretty expensive. But the higher end stuff sounds great.
  10. HotRoded

Jun 6, 2003
    Coming from somebody knowledgeable like you are Smash, that means something.