Are "First Batch" Basses, Better?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groover, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to buy a bass when they first introduce the model.

I'm thinking they would be made better because they'd want to first reviewers to see how well they're made.

Is this a good rule of thumb, or am I just trying to find an excuse to be one of the first to buy that new Big Block P bass :p
  2. I tend to buy stuff very early when it comes out, being the gear head that I am. I've been burned too many times, and would highly recommend, whether it's an amp or a line of non-custom basses, to wait at least 6 months while they get the kinks out of them. The one bass or amp they send to the reviewers is probably a beauty... you are right. But I've found more often than not, if you wait a little bit, the kinks in a new piece of gear get worked out based on feedback from idiots like me who buy the first one!!!! :help:
  3. I'd always wait 6 months with everything. Basses, computers, cars, most everything will have SOME early issues.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Always worth waiting a bit before buying something new. I bought a DVD reader/CD Burner combo the day it was released and ended up being recalled. People who waited two months to order got theirs before I got mine and paid $50 less.
  5. BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    The first Squiers are highly sought now....