1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Are "First Batch" Basses, Better?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groover, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to buy a bass when they first introduce the model.

I'm thinking they would be made better because they'd want to first reviewers to see how well they're made.

Is this a good rule of thumb, or am I just trying to find an excuse to be one of the first to buy that new Big Block P bass :p

2. I tend to buy stuff very early when it comes out, being the gear head that I am. I've been burned too many times, and would highly recommend, whether it's an amp or a line of non-custom basses, to wait at least 6 months while they get the kinks out of them. The one bass or amp they send to the reviewers is probably a beauty... you are right. But I've found more often than not, if you wait a little bit, the kinks in a new piece of gear get worked out based on feedback from idiots like me who buy the first one!!!! :help:

3. I'd always wait 6 months with everything. Basses, computers, cars, most everything will have SOME early issues.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Always worth waiting a bit before buying something new. I bought a DVD reader/CD Burner combo the day it was released and ended up being recalled. People who waited two months to order got theirs before I got mine and paid $50 less.

5. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    The first Squiers are highly sought now....