1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are G&L necks similar to Musicman and EB Sr5 necks??

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Bobbo 77', Apr 18, 2006.

1. Boy,
    Posted this message before seeing this G&L page. Do the G&L necks feel the same as Musicman Stingray and EB Sr5 necks? Radius, width, profile, ect. I love the feel of my Stingray neck, and my Fender Jazz just does'nt feel confortable. I have my eye on a L2000 and L2500 Bass.
    Bobbo 77'

2. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

The L2000 can be ordered with 4 different style necks, 2 jazz sized and 2 P sized with different radius sizes. The L2500 only has one size, definately not "skinny".

3. the L2500 neck is thick and chunky. It's definitely a grab it and groove kind of neck. If you want a fast neck, look elsewhere. I love mine for laying in the pocket. All that wood helps the tone, IMHO.

4. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I've got a p neck on my L-2000 and move pretty quickly, it all depends on style. go for one of the G&L's.