1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are Gator cases good?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jamisonsalamand, Dec 7, 2011.

1. jamisonsalamand

jamisonsalamand

Aug 15, 2008
  2. meycom

meycom Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Southern Wis.
    Have one just like it, bought it from a guys off Craigslist for $45. Have
    my Warwick 5 string in it

3. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    I have had that exact case for about 5 years now and love it, very light but solid.

4. Can't speak to that case specifically but I've never had a problem with any gator case. I do prefer SKB though.

5. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
  6. I've always had good luck with Gator cases, all our power amps and PA gear are in Gator cases. I prefer Coffin cases for my basses, but that's partially because of the look.

7. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    I have one of those and while the case itself is fine, I don't like the latches, they're very "loose".

I'm sure you'll be happy with it as long as you're not going to fly with it, but I'll be getting something else before the next time I'm taking my bass on a plane.

8. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I have a gator bass case. The only problem I had was the strap connecting the bottom half to the top half broke shortly after I got it. Besides that it's an okay case. Pretty solid. P.S. That's the same case I have.