1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are Hartke bass cabinets good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by poobass182, Jul 10, 2002.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I have played thru my Hartke 4.5xl's as if the world is ending,usaully some very energetic high tempo music and the cabs somtimes laugh for more.I have never blown a speaker.the only issue I have with the cabs are that theye'r so heavy,but hey talk about Bottom.

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    whats that got to do with them being endorsed and not having to pay for their gear when/if it blows?

3. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Hartke has a preamp(s) coming out? Any other info Jauqo?

4. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    I'm running the new 4200 pro ( 4 x10 ) with a hartke 4000 head. Guitar is a MMSR5 - excellent bottom end , stopped using the 1x15

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    As far as when the new pre amp and power amps are coming out Larry Hartke has indicated very soon,if its on time in a couple of months.Im waiting myself.

6. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    jauqo, is the preamp the same as the one in the 2000/3500/5000/7000 models? or did they build a new one?

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    No from what Larry has told me its new.I dont know what the price will be on these new products but Im sure those interested will not be disapointed in Hartke.I have been back and forth with Hartke about a power amp for a few years now and I am glad it's soon on its way.

p.s.
    and for those who may wonder how can I speak so fondly of Hartke and at the same time do the same with Ashdown.well I sincerly like and use both products and both companies are fine with it.

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have Eden/ SWR / Peavey/Carvin/ Tech & Bergantino cabs...the only ones I had problems with where the Hartkes.......Thats why I still have the other cabs and sold the Hartkes..........to a local sound company where I end up using them in backline gigs anyway:D I just had bad luck with mine thats all....

9. Si-bob

Si-bob

Jun 30, 2001
    Hemel Hempstead, UK
    Focusrite / Novation
    i have to say i wasn't keen on the aluminium coned hartkes that i'v tried, way to responsive for my tastes!! I tryed the VX series (paper cones), and they were more to my liking. Just my 2 pennies :p

*Si*

10. Your cab vibrating apart speaks well for the speakers, but not so well for the cab's construction! What I'd really like to know is why do some people have stories of destruction and disappointment, and others swear that their Hartke speakers could take anything they could dish out? What are these people actually doing to **** up/ find success?

-Stewbone.

11. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I to have heard bad things about hartke construction, but I don't have any long term first hand experience. I personally don't really like the sound, but thats just me. I've also heard if you blow a cone you are screwed.

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    I have done gigs and Bassist that hate the sound of Hartke cabs are shocked from the sound I get.

13. Hey- you're supposed to sound like yourself, aren't you? Not what your gear is supposed to sound like! Your gear gives you a nice angle on what you are. Like seeing someone you already know from a different or particular point of view.
    You have your own voice no matter what you do.

But they do have a nice little "push", don't they!

Stewbone.

14. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    as far as construction goes....the only problems ive had were when the spring broke on one of the handles, and it would vibrate every now and then at certain frequencies. and i had to tighten the handles up once, the screws got a little loose. more so from carrying it around all the time than from sound vibrations, i would assume. the speakers held up great. im still wondering about these people talking about their cabs being crap, because mine held up beautifully. once again, i recommend them to anyone, as long as youre cool with the sound. oh, if you blow a cone, you are not screwed. send it back to hartke, they do recones, according to everyone ive talked to about it.

15. Well, if the Transporters are built more cheaply, it stands to reason that at some point this will bear itself out. Never heard of a box rattling itself apart, though! Not until the cat several posts ago mentioned that this was his experience (sorry- I can't remember your name, man! It's been several hours, and I have a life beyond this sticky old keyboard...).

My Hartke was a tank. I'm trying to get another one, now.

Stewbone.