1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are Landing Guitars Still Trading?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gibheid, Oct 27, 2006.

1. gibheid

gibheid

Oct 26, 2006
    Are Landing Guitars still in operation? I was on their website and it hasn't been updated since earlier in the year. Every email I've sent to them has been returned undelivered. Does anyone know anything?

Thanks

Landing Guitars

2. The Penguin

The Penguin duplicate account violation Inactive

Jun 21, 2006
    I'm not pelagic
    Amusing link :)

19%20Body%20Blue%20WEBWEB%20GREAT%20JPG.jpg

3. gibheid

gibheid

Oct 26, 2006
    Hmm... a Zen Penguin...

Thanks little guy; your answer's too opaque for unenlightened ratbags like myself, but I've solved the Landing problem none-the-less. Landing are alive and well and the contact problems were entirely at my end.

My apologies to Jimmy Wilson (he's Landing's head honcho... well... actually, he's Landing's only honcho).

Buy a little bass here! :bassist:

4. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I've actually had better luck getting ahold of Jimmy through his ebay contact than his actual email, due to his spam blocker I guess.

5. gibheid

gibheid

Oct 26, 2006
    Hi pocket sand,

I'm interested a Landing L300 like yours, but I haven't heard any sound samples. How would you describe the character of the bass? Is it J-like? P-like? Is it all thump and no overtones? Does it ring a bit? Is it focussed or flabby? Any clues you could give me would be welcome. In fact if anyone else cares to pitch in their description of the sound of Landing instruments, I'd be very interested to hear what you've got to say.

Thanks!