1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Are Mighty Mite Necks Better Than MIM Necks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassSurfer, Aug 11, 2007.

1. jwsamuel

jwsamuel

Apr 26, 2004
    I tried to put a Mighty Mite neck on an MIM Precision body last year. The Mighty Mite neck was too wide for the MIM body. It fit fine on a Squier body.

The quality of the neck seemed fine.

Jim

2. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    I, personally, would take an MIM neck over a MightyMite ANY day...

3. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    Why?

4. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I had a MIM J bass last year that I upgraded a bunch and I bought a MM neck for it and it didn't fit. I also noticed the neck need a lot of fret work where the MIM neck didn't. Overall it seemed to be pretty nice but the subtleties made the MIM neck a better neck for my bass. I also tried an AllParts neck (the black block maple one like on the Geddy Lee bass) and it wouldn't fit the MIM bass either. The Allparts neck did seem to be better quality then the MM neck based on my personal observation of the two.

5. obsession600

obsession600

Mar 13, 2007
    NYC
    I swapped out the neck on my MIM a couple of months ago. I looked around at Warmoth, MightyMite and Allparts. The mites were dirt cheap and being resold by a lot of people as no-name necks. This combined with a lot of reports of bad fretwork and poor paint jobs steered me away from MightyMite. I feared the Warmoth might be too heavy so I went with a rosewood Allparts neck from http://www.dguitarparts.com/ My guitar guy said that the neck had a good tight fit in the pocket and was the best thing that happened to that bass. The neck feels and plays great.

6. bump..

7. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    FWIW, the neck on my MIM Jazz is amazing, one of the best necks I've ever played :)

8. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada