Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

are my feelings normal??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JWC, Nov 8, 2000.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Our band is going to play on out of towner coming up in a few days. We'll be gone from 3 to 4 days for this mini-tour. The thing is, I have not met a girl that I really fell for lately, until now. I keep thinking about her and how much I'm going to miss her on our little tour. The weird thing is, i wouldn't mind cancelling just to be with her. This is bad isnt it?????

2. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, hold those feelings in. If she's as much into you as you are into her, she'll be there when you get back.

Never, I REPEAT, never cancel a gig over a chick/dude (unless it's due to illness or emergency etc etc).

3. JWC, first of all, congrats on the mini-tour and I hope it goes well.
    Secondly, I've been in your situation before. I met a girl who I really liked, things were going well after a couple of weeks, and then I had to take a short out-of-town trip. Well, I couldn't get my mind off her. So I called her from the road, a couple of times a day. Never got ahold of her. When I got back, I was a mess. And when I finally did reach her, she came over and told me that I was scaring her away.. too close, too fast. That was that. Broke my heart for about three months.
    I think the lesson I learned is.. be cool at the start. Just try to relax and take things slow. Your feelings are completely normal.

4. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Thanks Dave. Sorry to hear about your heartbreak. Its good to know that at least other guys have felt the same way before. I know what you mean about taking things too fast and scaring the girl away because of that. I've been guilty of that myself. We all have at one time or another. I guess one thing that makes it worse it that all the other guys in the band have serious girlfriends and I have always been the "wild" single one. But seeing them together ALL the time just makes me think of what can be with this new girl. Thanks for the advice again Dave. I'll play it cool.

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999

...so, how 'bout a cat? :D

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I think you know what my answer's gonna be.

heh heh

7. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    JWC, as you go through life, remember this:

Music MUST, at all costs, take priority over everything else. This includes, but is not limited to: girlfriends and/or wife, career, health, children, pets, sanity, hobbies, and any other activity not related to music. Indeed, life itself must take a backseat to your career in music. Don't throw it away just because this girl might make you happy for the rest of your days!!!!! Total dedication to.........

.....Well, you don't have to be that extreme---but ya get my point I hope! :D:D:D

Good Luck on your mini-tour!!!!!

8. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    You won't always be the only one without a girlfriend. It it's mean to be, it doesn't matter if you go on tour, she'll be there for you when you return.

Please don't cancel tours, gigs, etc. to be with somebody because you'll regret it if you do. Maybe not now, the next month, or year but you will always remember that you did it.

9. I think that you would be cheating yourself by missing a good gig.
    You'll also piss off the band- even if they say it's OK, it's really not!
    And- if the girl does not work out, you will resent her for your
    sacrafices, and won't be able to,
    at least, be her friend any more.

10. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Let me clear something I said up....

when i said I wouldn't mind cancelling the gig, that came out wrong. i meant to say i wouldn't care if the gig got cancelled. i wouldnt cancel it myself for this. im just saying, if it got canceled some other way, id be just as happy. i know the career comes first.

thanks

11. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    [ church lady voice on ]

"......Nevermind....."

[ church lady voice off ]

:D

12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Uh, That's Roseanne Rosandanna.:rolleyes:

Well, Isn't that special!

:D

Will C.:cool:

13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Oops, I mean Emily Litella.

:oops:

Will C.:cool:

14. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ONly if the cat has an emergency! :D

15. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    JWC, your feelings are very normal. Give it time though and you'll be looking to play gigs and practice just to get away from her.;):D

16. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    :eek: :eek: :eek: OOOOPS!!!! Hey man, cut me some slack, I mean, it was like, the 70's you know!!!!!!!

Actually, I can't spell Roseanne Rosandanna!!!!!

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Actually, more gigs come up than potential mates. I don't think I'd jeapardize an opportunity to mate for the sake of some silly gig. Blow it off. There'll always be another gig. Good women are hard to come by.

18. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Aint life a bitch. Let me say this, if it was meant to be, she will be waiting for your return. You cant spend your life worrying about situations like this. A relationship is built on trust and respect. If leaving her is an issue, then you may want to take a long look at this relationship.