Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are Rondo Basses Good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Beauville, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Beauville

Beauville

Jan 6, 2004
    I've been looking at some Rondo Basses at their website, and they look pretty nice.

Does Rondo make quality basses? Or am I just falling in love with eye candy? :ninja:

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com

Thanks!

2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I get mine tomorrow!! I will update soon :meh:

3. I've owned 2 SX basses. Honestly it is sometimes a "hit or miss" thing to go with one if you haven't played it first. Like any company that mass produces basses, their is going to be lemons. The two I owned were solidly built and played really nicely. I could get low action on it and it all held together solidly. The electronics aren't the best, but what can you expect from a bass at such a low price? If you can, go to Rondo Music and try them out to see if you like them and it is also a much safer way to get a good one.

4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Well mine came in UPS yesterday. Not to bad for a $110.00 bass. I am spoiled though with my other basses. I modified the bass to accept .130 E string. I have not plugged it in yet, though. I am looking forward to seeing how it responds through my rig.