1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are Sadowsky Guitars Regarded as Highly as their Basses?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TolerancEJ, Dec 16, 2018.

1. I mentioned during band practice today, that I was able to visit the Sadowsky factory during my vacation in November. I was very surprised that neither of the guitar players heard of Sadowsky before. One of the guitarists is a gear head, so I figured at least he would have known.

It made me wonder if Sadowsky guitars are regarded in their community as highly as we do their basses.

2. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Mostly jazz guys I'd venture to suggest are more aware of the guitars, but for everyone else I can guarantee that if they ever play one, they won't soon forget it. Similar experience on my end as well.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  3. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    They are a jazz cat thing. Walter Becker used to play them.

Whippet and TolerancEJ like this.
  4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Back in 1989 I played in a hard rock/techno-pop band with a guitarist who owned a Sadowsky

...which, btw, was indeed one of the finest guitars I have ever played. It practically played itself.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  5. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    I didn't know they even *made* guitars.

Coolhandjjl likes this.
  6. Whippet

Whippet

Aug 30, 2014
    The archtops guitars are probably all made by T's of Japan. The several I played were super nice. From what I heard, they are considered very good even though they are plywood, although purists say that ply sucks. In any case, I know first hand that T's makes seriously excellent guitars for several big names.

I believe the archtops might even be cheaper in Japan than in the USA at current exchange rate. The NYCs are most likely in the vicinity of 7-8000 USD and up.

7. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    I’m the only musician I know who does forums. Hence, I’m the only musician I know who even knows about Sadowsky.

8. No they are not or there would not be so many Guitarist telling Bassist that play Sadowsky's to, "Save up and get a Real Fender".