1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Are Schaller M4S Machines Reversable?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by LongHairFreak, Sep 27, 2008.

1. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    I’ve got a set of Schaller 2x2 M4S machines, but I really want 4-in-line. These that I have are still in the original package, so I don’t really want to take them out and tinker with them just to find out they cannot be changed. Does anybody know if the keys can be flipped around to make this set 4-in-line?

Thanks for any advice.

2. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    No takers on this one, eh?
    Did I pose this question in the wrong area? If so, I'll be glad to move it.

Thanks

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Contact basspartsresource.com. They should be able to fill in the details.

Riis

4. LongHairFreak

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Thanks Riis. I've already got a call into BPR, but have heard nothing yet. Of course I keep checking back, but all I get is vMail.
    So I thought I'd check the TB knowledge base.

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Good call on your part. Can't tell by the pics, that's for sure. Another reason I use Hipshot Ultralites exclusively.

Riis

6. slyjoe

slyjoe Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Valley of the Sun (AZ)
    Schaller's web site recommends against it.

7. LongHairFreak

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Well, straight from the horses mouth...almost. Thanks SlyJoe.