Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

are spectors worth the money

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tucker, Jun 8, 2001.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Are spectors worth the money?
    I have here a Spector NS 2000 Q5 neck through bass and I wanted to know if it was worth the money to buy it? I mean I like the way they play and sound I was just wondering will I have problems with them. are they good basses? I dont know if they are high end or high quality basses actually and I checked out the website and it says nothing about them. If you have input please post.

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    HEY, NINO WHERE ARE YOU????!!!

Arrrghh...Spectors...gooood....arrrrrrgh!

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    http://www.ssdbass.com/NewFiles/ns2000.html

This bass is part of the "Professional Series". I think the "Q" series are great basses but if I were you, I'd look into getting the neck through, instead. The neck through has a countoured body, maple body& neck. Other than that, all the other parts ae the same.

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I have had a Spector NS5CR for about a year and a half now and I think that it is the best bass I have ever tried. The playability, tonal range and sustain are fantastic - it's relegated my other basses to the 'somtimes used' category (well 'cept the Precision Special - which has got a feel/sound all of it's own)

In terms of worth the money - I think so!

5. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    As an aside - this is the first (well I guess techinically second time) I've used this site and was wondering if anyone knows how I can add in an 'm' at the end of my user name - I didn't realise I'd run out of letters

Johnny Boom Boom!

6. Hi Tucker and welome to TalkBass...

The bass you are interested in, the NS2000 Q5 is just as Nino says. I own an NS2000-5 NECKTHRU, and if I were you I would try one out if I were you BEFORE paying for the bolt-on Q series.

I have given my lengthy diatribe on the differences b'tween the two NS2000 series of Spector basses a couple of times before, do a search on my posts and you will find them.

good luck!

7. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    ok i have a neckthrough and reading some of these forums it seems to me that i don't have the Q5 my bass is not bolt on. oh well i still love the way they play and feel. they are really good basses from what i hear so thanx to all of you

8. Perhaps you have the Kramer era NS2-A Spector. Are the pickups labeled "Spector" or "EMG hz"?

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

I have 4 Spectors. I recommend a Czech made neck through. They are great and awesome for the $. Pick up a USA made if you can afford to do so. They are some of the finest made instruments available. Best of luck

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Dude, that's too funny! I don't believe you ran out of letters, unless Paul changed the parameters for registration. Since you only have three posts to your name, it might be to your advantage to just re-register with the proper nomenclature. I believe you can do it, as we have members with names such as "sixandeightstringer" and "The Mock Turtle Regulator", you should have no problem. If not, try Johnny BoomBoom or Johnny Boom! (or Boom x2) :D

Welcome to TalkBass!

Will

11. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I agree with everyone here! Except not all there bolt on are bad! Ive played and orderd me a usa bolt on 5 string and its going to take 5 more weeks to get her! Hey nino iam only half bald already from pulling my hair out! Is the usa a smaller bass? Seems like i thought it was slightly diff? I think its the same version of the old basses?

12. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    my pickups say EMG-HZ

13. That definitely eliminates the Kramer era NS2-A from the fold. My guess now would be the NSK (the Korean neck-throughs made between '95-'99). The NS-2000 replaced the NSK Spectors.