Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are the Geddy J's...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Not supposed to have a route from the neck pickup? Cause I just took off my pickguard, and there is no route in the body.

If so, does anyone play their Geddy's without the pg on it?

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i would LOVE to see a pic of that, also the geddy with a red pearloid pickguard. Im thinkin that might be my neck bass :D

3. I wish I had a camera...

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    You have to take the neck off for adjustments. Frustrating as hell. Nino did some routing on his, so now he has a channel for truss rod access.

5. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
  6. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Nino built this one for me and put the route in. The body was a MIM that was routed for the MM pickup and battery cavity in the back. Got it from another TBer.
    [​IMG]

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    None of the early 70's had a truss rod access.

I've owned 3 Geddy Lee's & the 1st one I had needed a neck adjustment. When I took off the neck a nice piece of paint came flying off. :( since then, I've routed a truss rod access similar to the one on Corwin's bass.

Funny thing, when I bought the 1st one, it was new in to box & had a nice Flyer of Geddy playing his bass & there was a nice truss rod route. If I find the picture, I'll post it.