Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are the rumors true?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Are the four original members of Black Sabbath hitting the studio this fall with a 2005 tour?

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I don't know about the studio but they are on tour right now headlining this years Ozzfest. Man, why aren't they coming to Arizona? Ahhhhhhhh.................... :bawl:

3. i thought the drummer was different than the original...

i could be wrong though

Charlie

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Meh, the two new songs on the live disc sucked. They need to hang it up. I'm a big fan, but Ozzy can barely walk, nevermind rock. I wouldn't see them live, it would just make me sad.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    so... what do you like Matt, I keep reading threads and find you not liking whoever the topic is :p

Ozzy has never been all that thrilling to watch live :eyebrow: I LMAO everytime I see the Prince concert from Vegas where he does the "new dance" called the "Osbourne" :D

Man, I love Sabbath and Ozzy's first 3 solo releases... but he's always been sad to watch

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I'm so underground, I like bands that aren't even formed yet. :ninja:

I DO like Sabbath, I swear. Sabbath, during the Ozzy years, are a huge influence during me. But they seriously need to hang it up (well at least Ozzy does).

7. Unless its Dio with Sabbath..i could care less.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:spit: Sir, your words are doo doo filled and not unbogus, I fling my disgust and used underwear in your direction.

9. Ozzy is the Britney Spears of Heavy metal ;)

10. I do think ozzy with Sabbath was Awesome, but Dio with Sabbath is so much better. Heaven and Hell is the album that made me wanna go crazy and harrass teachers back in the 80s. Muwhahahahhahha

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

+1 Country Girl is one of my all time favorite Sabbath tunes. Mob Rules and Heaven & Hell are 2 of my fav Sabbath albums

12. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Dio? What about Jeff Fenholt? :)

13. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I guess Bill Ward wasn'y going to but at the last moment he made the decision to join his bandmates for the tour.

As for the Ozzy Dio thing, I like both. Oz and RJD are two different types of singers and both made killer music with Sabbath.

Matt, I have seen Ozzy in concert many times, once with Sabbath. His voice is still there and unless he has really gone downhill since the last time i saw him in concert, he still rocks. Last time was here in Tucson where he broke his leg but kept rocking!

BTW, WWOD? [​IMG]

Dude,[​IMG] Jk! :D

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Blasphemy.

Dio sucks.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Exactly. I don't mind Dio's solo (I kinda laugh at it, ridiculous songs "We rock" :eyebrow: )

But Dio and Sabbath totally clashed.

16. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Me too.I don't really like Jeff Fenholt :eek:

17. I love Dio with Sabbath, but I actually prefer him with Rainbow. I mean, Dio didnt exactly fit Iommis playing style, but Ritchie Blackmore is perfect for Dio, match made in heaven. LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

18. Maybe if Ozzy wasn't so washed up maybe I'd care more.

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
  20. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    Listen to Dehumaniser man.Of of my fav discs.

I dunno how many have heard him sing with Rainbow,but I believe that is when he sang at his best.