1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Are the Sansamp Paradriver & RBI the same?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sincity, Apr 18, 2006.

1. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    Are the Sansamp ParaDriver and Sansamp RBI the same units, besides the pedal vs rackmount differences?

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    For starters, I believe the Paradriver has a sweepable mid control (that is, you can select the frequency being boosted or cut), while the RBI has a fixed Mid control.

3. The RBI is the rackmounted version of the BassDriver DI pedal (and the RBI has an added mid control)

4. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I had heard that the Paradriver is the same circuitry as the Bassdriver, but with the added mid sweep. If the RBI is the same as the Paradriver, that would (for me) make the Paradriver a very flexible pedal (recording, transporting, etc.)

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    He, he, he.... Trust me the sweepable mid/presence is a godsend :D + with the boost/cut switches this thing will drive a power amp. The only thing that some people might find annoying is not having both a mid and presence control. For the dark tone I want out of it, it's not a problem :bassist: