Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are there Aebersold type CDs for rock?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sync00, Jan 15, 2006.

1. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    I've read good things about the Aebersold CDs, but I'm not into jazz. Are there any similar high quality CDs for blues, pop or rock?

2. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I have some CD's called "Practice Tracks". I bought them through Amazon. They're useful, though I like the Aebersold stuff better as they come with an excellent acompanying book too.

Here's a link to the Blues one for bass. I also have the Rock and Jazz Practice Tracks which are also pretty good. Just doa search on Practice Tracks at Amazon to see them all. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00092ZLJ4/qid=1137354093/103-0268215-4131836

You might also look into a product like Band In A Box from PG Music for your PC. Obviously more expenisve, but it's a good product nonetheless.

Good luck and have fun!! :bassist:

3. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    I have BIAB. It's great for practicing because you can vary the tempo and key of any song. But my computer equipment and music equipment are in two separate rooms. :meh:

4. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Move your PC to the same room as your musical equipment? lol... :p