Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ToStogyDX, May 12, 2001.

1. Sorry for yelling. Just wondering if there are any "real" bass overdrives, or ods that work well with bass. (not taking off much low end) Thanks guys!
  2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I have not tried too many ODs, but I WAS impressed with the Boss ODB-3 that I tired out last weekend. Fairly inexpensive too.
  3. i have a DOD bass overdive. i use it sometimes when my guitarist is using real heavy distortion. other than times like that, i rarely use it
  4. Do a search. This kinda question have been posted about 1,300 times.
  5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    One problem with the search, the search does not work correctly if more than one keyword is typed in...
  6. you dont have to....just have it set to "view all posts" and visit each page, there is prolly like 3 of these threads per page.
  7. Try the ibanez phathead bass overdrive. I think it has more capablity than the boss
  8. Boss makes an inexpensive overdrive, the ODB-3. A little too buzzy sounding, but seems to work better without tweeters. Fulltone makes the Bassdrive which is probably one of the best sounding overdrive bass stomp boxes around. The lowend is real present in this pedal. Also SWR makes the Interstellar Overdrive bass preamp, which is just plain sweet sounding.
  9. fender58

fender58 Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Southern California
    I just tries the Boss pedal and it seemed nice to the ear. It was at that place called Guitar Center so it was hard to hear anything too well except the really loud ambiant sound. I went to try out chorus pedals but could'nt decide over the Dano or the Boss...I also got a record player.
  10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I've never liked anything out of a pedal. I'm not a huge effects guy (in fact, I don't use anything right now), but overdrive from pedals has sounded like crap on everything I've tried.
  11. i happen to be a fan of that new ibanez tone-lok PHATHEAD pedal. It has sweet overdrive plus an ATTACK switch that increases the harmonic content of yer sound. I suggest you try it out sometime....(as ibanez slips me a 20.....)
  12. Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    Does anyone use a big muff pedal for there bass?
    If u do could u tell me what it sounds like , I'm looking for a perfect overdriven sound for my bass but theres way too many.
  13. geo?

Mar 29, 2000
    Yeah, I've used the Big Muff in past. It's pretty good, doesn't drop too much low end (all overdrives save the one listed below seem to crop a little off the low end) and has a good range of slightly over-driven through totally distorted. I stopped using mine for lack of an AC adapter option.

I'm looking to get a SWR 'Stella...those things KICK ASS. There is no finer overdrive on the market IMO.

14. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I hear good things about the Z Vex Wooly Mammoth, and I hope to try one out soon.
  15. EBS Multidrive will be out soon.
  16. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

The EBS Multidrive is out... I just got one and I'm still checking it out... Theres a few places that have them in stock.... JS Music in P.A. is where I got mine (610) 965-6074.. STEVEN...
  17. Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    Does any one actually notice the difference between overdrive and distortion , i'm sure thy are the same and what about fuzz? whats the major differences?
  18. A couple of days ago I bought a Boss ODB-3 Overdrive !
    It works pretty good and I still have enough low-end !!! Also important is that it's not expensive !
    = great quality for your money !!!!!!!

Godcreep !
  19. fart gas

fart gas Not Registered

uuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bass overdrive aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FART GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! somebody go to cliff burton.
  20. AsteroidM

Jun 14, 2001
    I have the Boss ODB-3 overdrive pedal it's very nice and it's too expensive either