1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Are there any blenders similar to BBM dry circuit?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Vic Winters, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Is there a blend where the clean tone is left completely unaffected, but you can increase the amount of effect layered on top of it? My first assumption would be an LS-2 or a mini mixer, but I'm curious if anything else exists. (Currently using a B. Blender and I feels it lacks at times.)

2. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    LS-2 will do it. Barge Concepts makes a series of very nice blend loopers as well

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, there are actually several blenders on the market. What specifically is lacking for you with the Bblender?

4. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I just put together a Blender kit from Wounded Paw (http://www.woundedpaw.com/effects) and LOVE it. Preston sells premade pedals too. It has volume control as well as a blend, true bypass, and pretty transparent. I preferred this over the LS-2 due to my personal experience w/ Boss' buffers. All of the pedals I have used from them either color my tone or can be heard slightly when disengaged.
    I highly recommend WP's Blender!

5. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
  6. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Wounded Paw actually made me a loaded circuit board of the B. Blender which seems fairly similar, except for the boost/cut volume on the WP as opposed to the B's cut only.

I feel it lacks a little when using my PH-3, BSW and Diesel Dawg (when I had it) at higher gain settings. It seems like I have to compromise between having a nice lush, wet effect and keeping the punch and presence of my bass. I like the dry setting on the BBM because the clean remains completely untouched as the effect gets added. It sounds more like a stereo rig than a blend, and that's what I'm looking for.

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Try the Xotic X-Blender. It's easily the best-sounding blender I've used, and the phase switch is handy with certain dirt pedals.

8. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Just a heads up, you can order a Barge Concepts VB-jr with a phase switch even though it's not listed on their direct order page. Just contact them and ask. :D