Are there any High End Bass Shop owners around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Jan 10, 2006.

1. I was just curious if we have any on the board. How is the high end bass retail business going?? How much have stores like guitar center and sam ash changed business? Is the internet hurt you at all?

I've been doing some research into this just simply out of curiosity. Unfortunatly, I dont have the time to open something like this. But there is no shops of this nature in my area at all..
  2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Our own jive1 has just opened Jive Sound (, and it's a fantastic shop. I'm a few days from placing my first significant order through him, and it won't be my last. I recommend him whenever I can to try to help support him. If you're thinking of ordering a high-end bass through a dealer, take a look at his website. If he carries your brand, he'll definitely help you out.
  3. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    There are several high-end bass shop owners (including me)who frequent Talkbass. ;)
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Member Bass Club Mark is owner of the new Bass Club Chicago
    Member Adrian Garcia is owner of Access Bass
    Member Brian Barrett is owner of The Low End

All of them are medium to high-end bass shops and all are super-nice guys.
  5. I'm not looking at buying a bass.. I'm mainly looking for information on high end bass stores..Running the business I mean.
  6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    In addition to the ones mentioned already:

James and Robert from The Perfect Bass both post here, and Halftooth has a small shop (Bass Pacific) as well.
  7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Wow, he's got some great stuff in there! I especailyl like the Spector Euro 4 string he has in stock, very nice...

And the Warwick Fortress Flashback, while certainly not my thing, is nice to see, a more esoteric Warwick!