are there any High End bass stores that do extended layaways???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AJ Love, Jul 20, 2004.

1. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    right now there are about 4 or 5 basses I really like and would put $$ down on one or two of them if I could do an extended (such as 3 month) layaway. Are there any stores that do that?... the policy of every store is a certain percentage down and then 30 days to finish buying

now I am not complaining about that policy, I completely understand why stores have that policy in place. Just wondering if there are any high end stores that have extended layaway policies?

the way it is I'll just have to take my chances that the basses I like will still be available in 3 months...and yes I understand that when I get the $$ together I can have a builder make a bass for me, but then we're looking at another 2 to 12 months wait there

again I understand why things are the way they are, and I know that both the builder and the store have such small levels of profit from a bass sale
  2. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    CAll Beaver or Gard at Bass Central. Cool guys,they may help you out. Maybe not. You can view their inventory at
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, I was wondering about this too. I can't get a credit card, so do bass stores do lay away?
  4. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Do any stores do layaway anymore?
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I really hope so. I don't want to get my bass amp at Wal*Mart :help:
  6. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Why not just save up?
  7. There is one in Columbus OH that does. The policy is 'enough down to show you are serious, and pay it off as you can' and has been that way for years. Some have abused the policy (I know of one that took three years to pay off a US Spector), but it hasn't been changed. I only know of the one shop that does offer a musician-friendly layaway though (German Village Music Haus, I'd link to the web site but it does a poor job of representing the bass offerings (IE only lists Alembic, G&L and Gretsch, but leaves out Pedulla, Spector, Lakland, Rickenbacker, MTD, Washburn and Traditions)). I've always believed in supporting the local shops that deserve it, and this one does.

I now return to my regularly scheduled lurking... :bag:
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Because A) I want it now and B) If I don't pay for it overtime, I'll spend my money on other things (perhaps more important things, perhaps not).