Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are there equivalent talkforums for other instruments?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Slap McPoppy, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Slap McPoppy

Slap McPoppy

Jul 12, 2002
    Talk Bass seems to be a really well-implemented talk forum. I was wondering if there are any other (affiliated or otherwise) forums dealing with guitar, drums, vocals, etc. I'll do a search on Google, but if anyone knows the url to any such forums, please let me know. Thanks!

2. stroggnoy

stroggnoy Guest

Jul 11, 2002
    www.mikeportnoy.com seems to have a pretty good forum, though it's a mix of all types of musicians including non-'s. Drumming forums really tend to suck from my experience (as I'm a drummer)... they tend to be flooded with unmusical nu-metal wannabes that want to be just like Lars Ulrich (Metallica), David Silveria (Korn), and Travis Barker (Blink 182) - and in case you guys don't know, they are basically at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to drummers. As for guitar, I've failed to find one as good as this forum, but I'm sure there is one out there. That's really all I have to offer.