Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are there good bass sales after Christmas?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sync00, Dec 24, 2005.

1. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    Can I expect to find some good sales on bass equipment in the next week or two? I'm buying a new bass soon and if I know there might be a good sale soon I'll wait.

2. djcruse

djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    If you catch some manufacturers as they're packing up at the end of the NAMM show next month, you might be able to make an offer on something if you have cash on hand and can walk out with it. Maybe.

3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    There are almost always Boxing Day sales at the major music stores. They want to dump the remaining Christmas stock so they can order in the 2006 gear.

4. theres always my second hand bass bonanza!

But yeah, occasionally shops overstock so january sales are pretty common

5. I'd really like someone to spend their Christmas money on my stuff for sale(hint, hint), but if I can't get close to what I'm asking or something funky in trade, I'll just sit on it/them.

6. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Last year on my birthday, Dec. 27th, I got a pretty good deal on my jazz bass...about $150 less than what musicianfriend sells the exact bass for.

7. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    Right now Bass NW (www.bassnw.com ; a really great bass shop) Is having a sale on Exotic Basses (basses over $1,000)
    I bought my bass from them. They are really good.

8. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    I forgot to mention to I live in a rural area and there isn't much selection locally. Will the online stores have good sales this time of year?

9. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    There is at Musician's Friend.

10. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    I looked at MF earlier today and there only seem to be a few things on sale there.

11. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    I bought my bass from bass nw. They do a lot of sales over the internet and they beat the prices of other guitars stores.

12. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    I bought my Modulus Q4 from bass nw. I received a great price and great service.

Jim

13. I've bought several basses as well as sold a few through them. Great guys & will usually beat any price, IME.

14. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    What type of Bass are you lookinginto getting?

15. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I was thinking the same thing. I'll bet (hope) there's someone little guy out there wishing for a shiny, brand new Ampeg 810 for Christmas. Even though Christmas is over I'm still wishing for a Mesa Walkabout Scout.... :help:

16. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    Definitely not an exotic one. :)

This is my first bass and at the moment I have my eye on the Yamaha BB414. I realize at that price range I won't save much money if I find it on sale.