1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are there micro bass effect devices

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cchorney, Nov 27, 2017.

1. cchorney

cchorney Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Meriden, CT
    Just wondering if there is a bass effect that works like the Vox AmPlug Bass, but has a quarter inch out jack so I could go from there to an amp. It would be nice to show up at a bass jam with a compressor and overdrive without having to bring a pedal board or individual pedals.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    So you're looking for an overdrive that can also function as a preamp / DI box? Could you be more specific?

3. cchorney

Oct 21, 2010
    Meriden, CT
    I'm asking if there are any devices on the market that, like the Vox AmPlug Bass, plug directly into the bass and "reside" up against the bass, and then feed a 1/4 inch cable to the amp, so yes acting like a preamp but my focus in on the OD and Comp. If you have to run a 1/4 inch cable to the device sitting on the floor, it's not what I want. I've got pedals already.

Hmm, I wonder if I can run a 3.5mm to 1/4 inch adapter (like this one) out of my Vox AmPlug Bass and then run an instrument cable to the amp. Probably noisy as heck but worth a try. Has anyone already done that?

4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Ok sure, thanks for clarifying, and yeah, the adapter sounds like it's worth a shot, since the Amplug Bass already does what you want otherwise.

cchorney likes this.
  5. cchorney

Oct 21, 2010
    Meriden, CT
    Glad you asked your question since that directed me to think further and get to that idea!

6. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Check out JamStack.