Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are there more People who hate/love Elvis then The Beatles??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Martha01, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Martha01

Martha01

Sep 20, 2002
    What do you think........both are loved but both have people who think theirs music is crap.....but are there any diffrients view on this subject??

Some people only think that Elvis was a fat old guy who eat hamburges......

Some people thinks The beatles was to overrated and beacuse of that they think theirs music is crap....

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    not again...

3. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    They are both musical legends, like them or not they have inspired and influenced many people in their musical careers.

I'm not a big fan of Elvis, but I give major props to both! How can you not like the Beatles??

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's just that he (Martha01/Zack01) always and only posts stuff like that. It's tiring beyond belief.

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    So we shoot for the middle of the road!

No fuel, no fire!! ;)

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I agree with JMX - but that sentence is complete nonsense - I would be disappointed in a 5-year-old child if they said something like that! :(

7. I'm guessing this person has a history of some sort here?

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Think Rainman, but instead of People's Court, they're obsessed with Paul McCartney.

Oh, and Treena? As mistress of smileys, if you have one of a smiley beating a dead horse, now would be the appropriate time to use it. ;)

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've always thought that Martha01/Zack01 had a non-English native tounge; the way a lot of the words are pieced together looks like someone who uses English as a second language, in which case the writing isn't that bad. Who knows though.

That being said, I'm pretty tired of the McCartney-only posts myself.

10. I dislike both Elvis and the Beatles, but I respect them as revolutionary musicians.

11. Q: You know what has 5 legs and lives on a farm?
    A: Paul McCartney, Heather Mills and their new daghter.

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well as you say, we have had loads of these now and the standard of English certainly isn't improving - but most non-english speakers are actually better at things like grammar, spelling, than the native speakers!

There seems to be a lack of awareness here and a kind of monomania, that goes beyond nationality anyway!! :meh:

13. I haven't been on this site long enough to notice a pattern of McCartney posts but I'm going to put my 2 cents in anyways. I recognize Elvis as a major star and influence on the music I love. That said The Beatles wrote and performed the vast majority of thier hits. Well Elvis wrote or co-wrote some of his hits he wasn't near as prolific a song writer as Lennon & McCartney or Harrison for that matter. Elvis was the King but the Beatles rule! :bassist: