1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are there portable basses and which do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crow01, Oct 3, 2008.

1. crow01

crow01

Sep 1, 2008
    chicago
    Hello all,

I am going to be out of town for over a month and I would like to take a bass with me.

I would like to know if there is a portable bass I can buy, to carry around, and bring in the plane (not checking it).

I tried bringing a regular bass on a plane once, and that was a pain in the butt

Maybe a small amp as well, like small enough to put in my bag

2. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
  3. chroma601

chroma601

Feb 16, 2007
    Sylva, NC
    I'd go for an Ashbory bass (Google it!) That, and a nice suitcase amp such as the Markbass minimark should do the trick.

4. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
  5. basste

basste

Oct 8, 2003
    France
    Hohner B2A. Little one and i think you can take it with you in the cabin.
    [​IMG]

6. Have you ever looked at a Traveler Escape MK II Bass?

I use one to maintain practice when I fly. Fits in the overhead of a commuter jet (ERJ's Canadairs..etc). When I travel for work, I check my suitcase & tool box, and carry on the Traveler and my laptop - never a problem.

http://www.travelerguitar.com/

7. The Rob Allen Mouse 30 is guitar sized and lighter than most guitars out there.....not quite a cheapo, though.

8. Bofee

Bofee

Aug 19, 2005
    Grass Valley, CA
    Bass Ukulele. I build them for personal use. Owen Holt offers some beauties:
    http://www.bassuke.com/
    Paired with a Roland Micro Cube Bass Rx you'll have a portable combination. I went to Hawai'i with my BassUke in the overhead and the amp in my suitcase.