1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

are there still chord chart/tab websites around?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Mindabout, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Mindabout

Mindabout

Apr 11, 2004
    Australia
    Over the last few years I haven't had much of a chance to play my bass - I'm picking it up again and finding all the old tab sites are gone. I'm not sure where to find tab or chord charts anymore.

A guitarist friend and I are keen to nut out some (I guess you'd call them) jazz standards. He's really digging some Django Reinhardt albums he's got and I've had Billie Holiday on high rotation - especially keen to have a go at "St Louis Blues" (not sure who wrote it though).

We're just after chord progressions/charts for this stuff to get us started. Are there still sites around where we might find some of these songs?

2. Hello Mindabout,

As jazz songs are really missing in my homemade tabs site, I would be interested to add some nice jazzy basslines to it.

So please don't hesitate to submit me a few requests.
    If I am able to write them down and if they are not too difficult for other visitors, I would be happy to write them down.

Indeed, I just listened randomly to some songs of Django, and for instance Blues for Ike is a nice example of song I could afford to write and I am pretty sure many people will appreciate.

Feel free to submit me a few songs and I would pick some of them and write them down for sure.

Welcome back in the bass frequencies ;)

3. Mindabout

Mindabout

Apr 11, 2004
    Australia
    Thanks Deathblade Eric - that site has lots of links and ads on it but once I got my bearings found it to be good. I've printed the Django version of St Louis Blues to have a look at tonight.

Etienne38 - thanks for your offer to tab some songs. I won't make any requests right now as we haven't picked out specific songs we want to do as yet. Its good to be back in the bass frequencies!