1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Are These Cobalts or Regular Slinkys?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by BigDrew, May 6, 2018.

1. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
    Hello All,

I don't remember if I put Ernie Ball Cobalts or regular Slinkys on my Jazz bass. I believe that they are Cobalts. I tried to do research to see if I could tell by their looks, but I was unable to find any visual differences. Any idea? Thanks! 9FPZUQfhS4qqyS5DCuCd%w. dlZKCK%ARUm7BfYg1HuZ7Q.

2. ELG60

ELG60 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Mid-Florida
    I believe that the EB Cobalts on my 69 have red silks or maybe purple, one or the other. I put TI's on my 64 and one's red and the other purple.

3. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
    I think that those are the Cobalt flats, not the rounds. Thank you for the help though! I think these are Cobalts, I just can't tell.

ELG60 likes this.
  4. ELG60

ELG60 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Mid-Florida
    Yes, they are flats.

5. Pier_

Pier_

Dec 22, 2013
    Roma, Italia
    I'm sorry, the strings are those in the picture, with coloured balls? because those coloured balls are D'Addario's signature, not Ernie Ball of any kind.

BrentSimons and quickfix like this.
  6. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
    ...and there is my problem!! You are totally correct...I forgot they are...

ProSteels! Sorry to waste everyone's time! Thanks for the help!
    I'll delete this now!

BrentSimons and Pier_ like this.
  7. BrentSimons likes this.
  8. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
    Don't Slinkys have the same brass ball ends and the exact same wrap? Yes, the material is different, but doesn't it look exactly the same?