Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are these good prices?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Daywalker, Jan 18, 2006.

Good prices?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2006.
  1. Yeah, good deals indeed...

73.9%
  2. No way, I can do better...

26.1%
  1. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    All brand new in boxes, shipped from Ampeg...

SVT-2PRO - $1225

SVT-CL - $1125

SVT-4PRO - $1025

Still trying to decide which one, but based on these numbers, which is the better deal?:confused: Thanks all...

2. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Oh yeah, he's gonna give me FULL credit for the SVT-6PRO I bought almost six months ago...

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    With full credit from a 6 month old amp, those are EXTREMELY good prices. They're pretty darned good even without the return credit.
    (Musicians Fiend are QUITE a bit higher on all 3 amps)
    I'd go with the CL first choice, and the 2 pro second, but that is just my personal preference.

4. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Why the CL over the 2PRO? The 2PRO has more "options" and more tubes in the pre-amp right? Why do people still choose the CL over the 2PRO? Since NO ONE stocks 2PROs, or CLs that aren't 5 year old floor models, I can't really find out for myself unless I buy one. That's a lot of money for a test...

PS - Those prices include taxes and shipping...

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'm not sure, but I can't see how you could beat those prices!
    As far as the CL, I'm just a more traditional (translated....over 40) guy. I like plug and play without the extra bells and whistles. I also like the look of it better....once again, being more traditional.

6. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Good prices. Question is if you like solid state or tube.

Trouble with the SVT-2pro is that the older non-pro models were manufactured a little better.

7. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Yeah that seems to be the case. Problem with that is, I'd have to sell my 6PRO, and wait to find one.........

8. :eek: Question... are these everyday prices on these amps directly through ampeg? I and a buddy of mine are seriously looking into a 3/4pro setup, but if these are the direct prices from ampeg there is only one winner in my book... 4PRO all the way BABY! :cool:

Time tested road worthy, 4Pro in my opintion is the only way to go in this lot! :ninja:

9. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I'm sorry to say, but these aren't Ampeg prices. These are prices that a friend at GC is hooking me up with. He sells me anything in the store for cost plus tax. I'm just trying to justify spending the extra one or two hundred bucks for tube...

10. Well why are you getting rid of the 6pro?

11. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Yes those are good prices, I'm of Cheeze Wiz's Generation and I'd take a 2 pro over a CL any day. I thought I had a good deal at $300 more than that on a 2-Pro. I haven't priced the rest, I ended up w/ an Eden, but the 2-Pro would be my choice.
    I might add Cheeze Wiz has been playing bass longer than I, and I'm just a stubborn w/ Guitar stuff. I won't even plug into anything but a Marshall, no way, won't do it.:)

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Nothing wrong with differing opinions! I'm sure the 2 pro is a fine amp. I just prefer the simple "interface" of the CL.
    (And for guitar, I prefer the Fender tube sound to a Marshall. :))

13. where are u getting those prices?

14. Also, on top of the why ditch 6 pro question, if ur friend from GC is getting u the deal, why can't he just return it within 30 days if u don't like it since that's GC's policy then u can base what u choose on what sounds better to u rather than what's a better deal??? (don't know how shipping charges work since u said it's included..)

15. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Well I could do that, but I just don't wanna see that kinda money go toward an amp I'm not sure is the ONE ya know? Sure I could just take it back, hell I could keep it for months and still take it back. But I'd rather get it right this time, and not have to worry about it. As as for the 6Pro, it's a good amp for sure, but there's just something missing. I was thinking 2PRO over the CL for the EQ option alone, but if the CL sounds soooooo good, then I wouldn't need it. Oh well, I guess I'll just buy one of em and find out for myself. One more thing though, can anyone explain how the CL and 2PRO sound different? Does anyone even own a 2PRO that can tell me the difference? Thanks...