are these good...??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by oldscarrow, Feb 8, 2009.

1. oldscarrow

oldscarrow

Nov 22, 2008
    Australia
    The bass I have just ordered comes with these strings... D'addario EXL165(105-045)..could someone please tell me a bit about these strings eg: are they any good, are they high or low tension strings, I am assuming that they are roundwound, as that seems to be the standard( I am totally ignorant as I'm a newbie :meh:), and if I was to get a set of flatwounds...I have heard the name LaBella Deep Talkin Flats....would I go there?? and would the EXL165(105-045) be of relevance, someone might explain that to me as well.??:confused: Thanks

2. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    what kind of bass is it?

3. oldscarrow

oldscarrow

Nov 22, 2008
    Australia
    CORT A4.......it has a through neck.

4. I play with EXL165s.

The are good. I have always played with D'Addario (even in my guitar days too) and every time I try something else, I wind up going back. Are they the be-all-end-all? Maybe not for everyone. It will take a while to figure out what you like and what you do not.

The are supposed a "mixed" gauge, but most manufacturers have the same set too. I like that gauge in particular because it keeps the lower gauges (E and A) tight without adding undue tension.

YMMV, but I like them and would stick with them for a while. Also, as an added bonus, you can buy them in a Twin Pack for pretty cheap!

Ox.

5. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    via PMs:
    Different strings can sound good or bad, depending on the bass. I wanted a little more information in order to help you, and you act like an a$$

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021