Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are these rackcases decent?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Sep 18, 2004.

1. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
  2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I was recently shopping for a rack and saw a lot of different brands. That looks like one of those MBL cases. If it is, the plastic looked like it would bust easier than a Gator or SKB. I ended up getting a 10ru Gator. Got it for $130 new with free shipping. Here, check out this 4ru Gator for $105:
    http://www.casesandmore.com/prods/Gator-Cases/GR-4L/Standard-Racks/0C3511/0PGC1078.htm

Your going to spend anywhere from $90.99 to 96.99 on that one anyways so buy a name brand reputable case. JMO!

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    yeah, if your going to spend that much on something your skeptical about, just get one new. an SKB 4-space on MFriend.com is $74.99.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    +1

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Damn, thats a good deal. There ya go PolkaHero!

6. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Yeah, but that's for one of those Roto or X racks. I'm looking for something that has the quality of the ATA racks. Thanks for the replies, though!

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    spend a little more and get a gator? and the skb roto rack's aren't bad man.