1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are These SRs In The Stores Yet?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, May 2, 2010.

1. I think I found something - not sure, but I don't think I've ever seen these yet in the US. They're listed as SR500s :::

ibanez-sr500-bls-all. ibanez-sr500-bls-top. ibanez-sr500-bls-head.

ibanez-sr500-pps-all. ibanez-sr500-pps-top. ibanez-sr500-pps-head.

2. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    It could be a model exclusive to a different country than the US, where'd you get these pics from?

3. If I tell do I get in trouble?

4. Jon_West

Jon_West

Jan 8, 2009
    GTA, Ontario
    ...I wouldn't think so.

5. Well - I did just Google for them!

http://www.player-jp.com/

That's Japan, but it looks like a warehouse for a lot of different guitar manufacturers. I don't read Japanese.

6. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    I think it's an older mode of the sr500.

7. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    The older SR 500's have 4 knobs and are active whereas the older SR 400's only have 3 knobs and are passive. My guess is that those are SR 400's from the early to mid 90's.

8. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    I'm digging that photoflame.

9. Even though its listed under the new section in Japanese
    I havent seen a P/J SR outisde of a GSR here or in Japan so it may be an older model

I perused the Japanese 2010 catalog and its not listed
    http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/download/catalog/10_bass.pdf

It kind of cool however to see the model letters actually stand for a word
    SR= Sound Gear
    SRT= Sound Gear Neck-Thru
    SRX= Sound Gear Extreme
    ATK= Attack Bass
    BTB= Boutique Bass

10. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Attack Bass and Botique Bass is probably the funniest. The ATK has one 3-blade humbucker down by the bridge on a warped out telecaster plate right?

11. bassmasta94

bassmasta94

Jul 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    i have an SR500 and it has the same headstock shape, but its a mahogany finish, and it has 5 EQ knobs, and 2 Bartiloni MK1's. I think the guy who posted a few posts up is right. It might be an older SR400

12. Hopper

Hopper

Sep 24, 2008
    London
    Does anyone know if Ibanez are bringing outa P/J combination for their SR series again?

I'm not too keen on their present soapbar/active electronic sound but love the comfort and slim design of their bass

13. Mike19

Mike19

Aug 11, 2009
    Tallahassee, Fla
    I believe that up until the end of 2004, the SR500 had EMG P/J pups, 2 band EQ and a choice of at least 3 finishes. In 2005, the SR500 was changed to its present configuration of Bart pups, Bart 3 band EQ, one finish only and a strnghened connection between the neck and head.

I have never seen the older model so the pix could be of old model SR400s rather than the old SR500.