1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are these the TI Flats that everybody is crazy about?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Beast, Mar 16, 2008.

1. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flatwounds...for 34" scale, 5-string

(tiny bit cheaper here :ninja: )

2. Thank you very much!

Doh, didn't see that 34 scale. I take it they will absolutely not fit on a 35 1/4" bass? I've been dying to get a sound like those strings, does anybody know of anything else that will get me near that sound that will fit a extremely long scale bass?

3. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Yes, IF You're looking for the so-called "TI Jazz Flats." These are them, for 5-string bass, 34-inch scale.

4. Even cheaper HERE

Craig

5. Doh, I don't know how I missed those, I spent over 10 minutes looking for an "extra long-scale" on juststrings.:scowl: On a side note, I'm "Beastlybass" from youtube. Thanks a ton for all your question-answering.

Thank you everyone. Can't wait till they arrive! :hyper:

6. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Oh man! That is the lowest price I've ever seen for the TI's. I wish I would have known that a few days ago. I just ordered a 6 string set. :scowl:

Oh well. Live and learn.

Joe

7. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I don't know if you want the extra-long set. Here are the specs on the 34" set. I have a 35" Yamaha TRB1006 and the 34" set is the ones I ordered.

I got this info directly from:
    Kevin Reynolds
    Connolly Music Company: US Source for Thomastik-Infeld, K&M stands, Realist transducer pickups and Wolf products
    Phone: 800.644.5268
    kevinr@connollymusic.com
    Kevin was great. I sent him a message and he got back to me the same day.

Hope this helps,
    Joe

8. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I called Lemur today... They charge almost $9 for shipping. FYI.

Joe

9. The TI Jazz flats I have (JF345) worked great for my 35" scale bass, but the silk is right up to the nut on the B and E strings. If your bass is at any longer than 35" or has a non-standard (two piece?) bridge or something, then you'll want to get the extra-long (36") scale set.

10. Flintlock

Flintlock

Jul 3, 2007
    Southampton
  11. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
  12. mortar

mortar

Mar 18, 2008
    I order a set of JF344 from Bass Guitar Strings dot-U.S Friday night and they show this afternoon.

$49 delivered.

I can see why these are so popular. Very easy to play(but not too easy) with nice tone.

13. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    oh, if you like 'em now just wait until they settle in. They get nice and woody as they age.

14. Yes! I've been playing my DeArmond a lot lately, strung with TI Jazz Flats for about a year and a half now. They just keep sounding better and better :D

15. snaverb

snaverb

Feb 19, 2007
    Atlanta, Ga
    If buying the TI flats for a Stingray, should one get the short scale or long scale?

16. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Read the post by Bassist4Life above which gives the measurements, then grab a tape measure and measure your Stingray.