are they better now?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by themajorrager, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Hi TBers,

i started reading the SX basses megathread but 184 pages was just too many for me. just wanted to know whether the early build quality issues such as sharp frets, dodgy wiring etc. had now been resolved. :help:
    the reason i ask is i am considering buying the SX SVJB62 (see pic below)

it costs AUS$339 so im wondering whether its good value for money - i know everbody raves about how good they sound but i am wondering whether i will have to do so many mods and adjustments that it will not be worth my while? :help:
    thanks guys
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    If you're a pro who needs good gear, then maybe you will upgrade a couple of things here and there. Of course, if you're a pro, you won't be looking at SX either. :)

It's a good bass from the price:quality standpoint. I am loathe to upgrade mine. It meets my needs the way it is. Plus that's like making a mermaid's purse out of a sow's ear. I see it more as something I can bring the next time I have to go to Iraq [warpigs] :bassist: [/warpigs]
  3. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    More specifically to your question, yes, much better in all regards. However, set-up issues have not changed, so be prepared ............
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Learn to do your own setups, and ye shall be elated with your new SX.
  5. thanks for your replies guys - i have no problems setting up basses so it looks like i will soon be the proud owner of the SX bass in question. :hyper: