1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are Warmoth and/or USACG satin neck finishes like Fender's satin finish?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BusyFingers, Jan 10, 2017.

1. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    In my opinion, Fender's satin finish on the back of their necks is perfect. With play and interaction with your hand it develops a nice smooth gloss which does not hinder movement.

I'm considering a Warmoth build and would like a similar finish, but am unsure if Warmoth or USACG's version of a satin finish reacts the same.

I hate a really plain, dry board (even if it's sealed properly). I like how my Fender Mustang P/J satin neck has developed this shine on the back from playing.

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I haven't used a Warmoth neck but I have never found satin necks to feel any different. Gloss necks, on the other hand, tend to vary. A satin feel is very easy to achieve. If you find a good deal on a used gloss neck just take some fine sandpaper or a 3M pad and a few passes will leave you with the feel you enjoy.

BassChuck likes this.
  3. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    Anyone else?