Are Warwicks still favored? (FNA ltd. 2004)...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Knavery, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Hey there,
    I am thinking of picking up another Warwick. I ditched my FNA Jazzman 5 for a couple Fenders due to the neck size, but am looking at an FNA 2004 ltd. For those that have tried or own one, how does it hold up, and is it worth 1500 used in excellent condition? Thanks.
  2. PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    I own a FNA Jazzman Ltd 2002.

Bought it new.

I like the bass very much.....but know I would never get what I paid for it new.
    I'm OK with that because I enjoy playing it.

Hope that helps...

3. Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005

I myself have a Corvette Hotrod LTD 2005 5 and let me tell you that LTD Wick are realy great instrument. I was realy amazed by the build quality, the beauty of woods, everything is top knotch.

Shiveringbass, bassist for Shivering
  4. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
  5. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I recently got hold of a '99 Thumb-5 NT in excellent condition. I love it! I've read a lot of slams against Warwicks... i.e.: the "unfinished" look, the "baseball bat" neck, the "phallic symbol" shape of the body (found that one to be a real stretch- no pun intended- not to mention, somewhat sophomoric), the weight, and the unbalanced neck... just to name a few! Personally, I can deal with both the weight and the admittedly unbalanced neck feel. The tone and sustain from this axe, IMO, is beautiful to my ears, and many fellow musician friends have complimented me on my sound, too... :D
  6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I used to be an endorser with 3 Warwicks. After 5 years, I moved on to more simple woods like maple and ash bass and got rid of the 'Wicks, and have regretted it ever since. I just came across a Stage 2 5, and believe me, she ain't going nowhere! :bassist: Plus Michael Brown @ Dana B. Goods called me before we went to Europe and said that he wants me to come home, so we'll see. The funny thing is: I've missed them for 3 years, but I thought I'd get over it. Never did.
  7. good job, im getting that same bass as soon as I own some money haha. I played it in guitar center and loved it.
  8. +1. I bought mine new too. This one will never leave me.
  9. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    I owned that bass for a week, and took it back to GC. The pre-amp in my opinion was just way to weak. You have to crank all the knobs to get any volume out of it. I even had to turn the -15db pad off to get it loud. That's the only beef I had with it, other than it plays and sounds AMAZING!