Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are we ready for some football (not the soccer kind)?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by camoe, Sep 6, 2002.

1. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    I for one am excited about the new season as last season hurt. With a new year, brings new hope and enthusiasm....and an opportunity for unalduterated SMACK. So let's all get together a give a big cheer to my favourite and America's favourite team...your Dallas Cowboys!...let the flames begin:D

Actually I'm hoping for a 9-7 season but since they're undefeated at this point...Super Bowl Baby..:rolleyes:

Peace

2. Not unless it involves female nudity and a VERY muddy pitch :D

3. I'm still rooting for the Lions.:D

Hey, they've got the Ducks old QB, and he's pretty damn good.

Rock on
    Eric

4. To hell with football, I'm just glad the NHL pre-season begins soon.

(and I'm not even Canadian)

5. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    That wasn't funny

:D

6. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    Lets go Patriots!!! down with the cowgirls. Houston Texans are my backup team.

7. AlexK

AlexK

Apr 10, 2001
    It's hard to get excited about football when your hometown team is the Bengals:(

8. I'm excited. I don't remember what magazine said it but they predicted Rams over Steelers for the Superbowl. That would be a good one seeing that that's what should've happened last year. Any one remember Partriots vs. Steelers for the Superbowl spot? That call that got challenged about Brady fumbling. Well it didn't go in the Steelers favor and cost them the game. I still think that it was called wrong. I also think the Superbowl was rigged by the government because of September 11th. Just MY personal opinion. It should be a good year. The Rams are playing your team Camoe. Should be a good one!

9. Well....not being a fan of the game, but I say GO PATS!! Simply because they have "England" in their name :)

10. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    why have they all got such stupid names?

;)

11. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    :confused: :eek: man that was the oakland raiders game. The Patriots just BEAT the crap out if the steelers.
    It is just that people overlook a team beacause they don't have a record of winnig superbowls.

12. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    *coughwussygamecough*

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Actually, the Patriots did not "beat the crap" out of the Steelers. Offensively and defensively, the Steelers played a very good game. Tom Brady was knocked out of the game, leaving a rusty Drew Bledsoe to fill in. The Patriots took advantage of two very big errors on special teams plays by the Steelers, (one of which was set up by the referee placing the ball on the wrong hash mark). The Steelers played a good game, but made mistakes on special teams, which cost them the game.

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Considering they're a US team and have Patriots for a name, I'd think that would be the last team a Brit would pick;)

15. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Yeah, I'll bet people are angry now.

No, really.

16. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    hey brad, i do my best. ;)

17. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Because the Tampa Bay Punkfunkfreaks just doesn't have a nice ring to it?

Hey, what about the Arizona Lindfields?

Nah.

18. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I know. I'm trying to get angry but hey, it's Friday!:D

19. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i shall make another attempt on monday :)

watch for it.

20. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    well whatever you consider the 23-9 victory, the Pats defense shut down the bus and the steelers offense never got started. plus 3 2nd half tunovers did not help the steelers game.