Are we "The Elders" of TalkBass? Any "New Board Resolutions"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blackbird, Aug 6, 2000.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Maybe I've read too many Marvel Comix, but does anybody else feel that we're not the same old TalkBass members we used to be?

Maybe the history of TalkBass will now be divided into "B.C" (Before the Change) and "A.C."(After the Change) and events will be remembered accordingly. F'rinstance, Canadianbassman's antics (I know, we shouldn't mention him. I reserve for myself the dubious distinction of being the first heretic) were a B.C. event. Part of a chapter which we all witnessed that is now closed. The TalkBass members that will join from now on are entering the story at a much later date, like Dave Navarro Joining the RHCPs.

Do you think we'll all start talking like old people saying "Before the change" as a beginning of every sentence?

The old Forum was wonderful, but now we turned a new page and the slate is clean. Does anybody have any "New board Resolutions"? I'm still thinking of mine, although by the look of this post, it might be to type more gibberish...

Will C.:cool:
  2. Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    Yeah, i hear ya...

Seems like this rejuvinated board is a whole new world. Either that or it's just that i have no sense of direction and am struggling to figure out how it all works ;)

Nevertheless, our old board is dead. No more two-toned sea green board. I miss that board...there were a bunch of memories on that board...well...okay...not really. But it was a landmark. I think.

As for not being the same old talkbass people that we used to be...well...i can't really answer that. I came in the middle of the talkbass existance...i've seen a lot, and i've gotten to know a lot of people. I think that the regulars have stayed regular, yet of course there are newbies coming in every day. Newbies = the devil. Or not. Maybe that is what is causing the change...the new people. The old people leaving. Whatever.

I don't know. I agree though, something seems...different...
  3. um... maybe its just my opinion, but, i think Dave Navarro was one of the worst things that happend to RHCP, and i was soo happy to hear that John Frusciante came back. maybe its just me, but there has got to be a reason why Dave Navarro's songs with RHCP arnt preformed live. it may just be me, but i dont think Navarro "mashed" well with RHCP. just throwing that into the air, i love the new board, and the idea of started "fresh" sounds good to me (meaning everyone suddenly forgets the cussing incedent with me)
  4. Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    I think everyone let that whole cussing incident go. Just for the record. I don't even remember what you're talking about, and if i don't remember, i'm guessing no one else does...hmmmmm...hmmmm!
  5. exactly...YAY!
  6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Ok, so the analogy doesn't bear close examination. It was just an example. No, I'm not implying that all the new members will be lame, please don't take it that seriously.

Any comments on the actual question?

Will C.:cool:
  7. LOL!!!! just watch, this turns into one of those topics that were intended to be serious, but then turn into one where everyone just cracks jokes.
  8. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, it's like this, ya see. Back before "The Move"...:)

Just kidding, though I do know what you mean. To me, it seems like the board has kind of "settled" down a little bit-- come on people, what happened to the One A Day Flamings? :) Again just kidding, but does anyone else see what I'm saying? It just seems to me that everyone here is getting settled in (in the groove, if you will) with everyone else.
  9. Yeah, it seems to me like only the "veteran" memebers are posting right now, i dont really see any new faces. i guess they got scared away when the main screen said the board was down. i guess their just not as die hard as the rest of us, i mean i for one checked if the board was back up like every 10 min.
  10. What is going on talkbass..
    I hope this kind of ''moves and upgrades'' never removes my registiration again..Because i registered myself at the old,non-graphic,only text version of talkbass and i lost my account in every move...
    Paul,can you hear me..Are you still the one up there??
  11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, you are going to have to split the era up into 3 parts, because there was an old board, i joined in october/november - that was really cool, kung fuqua used to be much more involved back then on the electric side, and there were some killer ON-TOPIC flamefests about pick/fingers, 4string/morestring, etc.

the old one had some great search/view by day features too, but i don't think it was handling the increased traffic as well as it shoulda. then we moved to the ubb in december, and then that took a while to stabilize, in the process i temporarily lost internet access :(, and now we're here. woohoo!!! :D
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    btw, what happened to my posts? i lost about 30 or so posts?

probably not much worthwhile in em', but still :D ??
  13. Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    30! I lost exactly 100.

BTW, my new resolution is to stay out of all the political debates.

Well maybe just a couple of them.:)
  14. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    The veterans seem like they have more insite than people that haven't been here for awhile. I've been reading the board for awhile but just joined a few months ago.
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I lost over 200! And being a mere 5 stringer, that hurts a lot more than cooking your pullet over 30 some posts.

16. mr2112

Mar 31, 2000
    You want the's the old:: What in the h377 kinda handle is that??:rolleyes: Easy..just had to throw that in for humor purposes..:D:D:D
  17. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Yup I'm still here :) You didn't lose your registration info during this move, did you?

Ahh, the old text boards... those were the days. Hard to believe that was like, less than a year ago. Heck, not two years ago TalkBass "forums" consisted of the guestbook on my homepage...

18. frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    The new board makes me feel like a new person. I just can't figure out who....:)
    Really....I am turning over a new leaf about posting. Okay,
    maybe not a NEW leaf, but I will think more about what I post.....of course, it will probably be AFTER I post it.
    Okay more pointless posting.....unless I think there is a point to it.
    Is it me....or are these new colors affecting my brain? I get it now......TalkBass mind control!
    What was the question?.....:)
  19. ::takes heroic stance::
    ::uses heroic voice::

We should use this new forum as an opportunity to share our knowledge with our fellow man, and to teach him the wise ways of the bass. We should use it in an honorable and kind way, for the benefit of all mankind. And we shall call it, Talkbass.

::goes back to normal voice::

So where's the beer?

Rock on
  20. BassDudeJake

Jul 26, 2000
    BEER HERE!!!