1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

are you a certain bass kinda person

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by violatedppl, Nov 7, 2005.

1. I have found that the only bass sound I really like so far is my jazz, I own a MIM jazz, and a mike dirnt pbass and I just cant seem to really get into the pbass tone. So I have deemed myself a jazz bass kinda guy. well jazzbass and warwick Corvette $$ but thats a different story. I am hoping someone else out their is in the same boat as me. just to much twang to the pbass to use with my jazz unless I get another preamp just for it. and now it seems the mike dirnt goes up on the chopping block

2. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I like a little variance in my sounds, but I'm definitely a "thin neck" kind of guy. I have a MM Sterling, a Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn and a Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub (with a jazz taper neck)....all basses have a 1.5" nut. It's my prerequisite now for buying a bass...a 1.5" nut. Just call me nutty....

3. I'm not sure if you just mean tone or ergonomics too, but I used hate Fender for alot of reasons, now I'm really getting into Leo's styling, and finding out they're not as dis-comfortaing as I uses to think they were. I'm also really getting into the precisions tone. I see a jazz body with precision everything in my future!

=)
    ~Ryan