are you a certain bass kinda person

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by violatedppl, Nov 7, 2005.

1. I have found that the only bass sound I really like so far is my jazz, I own a MIM jazz, and a mike dirnt pbass and I just cant seem to really get into the pbass tone. So I have deemed myself a jazz bass kinda guy. well jazzbass and warwick Corvette $$ but thats a different story. I am hoping someone else out their is in the same boat as me. just to much twang to the pbass to use with my jazz unless I get another preamp just for it. and now it seems the mike dirnt goes up on the chopping block
  2. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I like a little variance in my sounds, but I'm definitely a "thin neck" kind of guy. I have a MM Sterling, a Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn and a Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub (with a jazz taper neck)....all basses have a 1.5" nut. It's my prerequisite now for buying a bass...a 1.5" nut. Just call me nutty....
  3. I'm not sure if you just mean tone or ergonomics too, but I used hate Fender for alot of reasons, now I'm really getting into Leo's styling, and finding out they're not as dis-comfortaing as I uses to think they were. I'm also really getting into the precisions tone. I see a jazz body with precision everything in my future!