1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are YOU a constant source of amusement to your band mates?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Killer Canary, Feb 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Killer Canary

Killer Canary Guest

Aug 27, 2015
    For some reason, always unintentional, I end up razzing drummers. I don't know why I always choose them.
    The BL in a group that I joined years ago was heard to say in the van even before we got to my first gig with them:
    "It looks like things are going to get a lot more interesting around here."
    I'm not mean spirited to them of course.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    No, I once was, but they kicked me out for being the only one with a day job. :)

3. Killer Canary

Killer Canary Guest

Aug 27, 2015
    How could you do such a rotten thing?
    :D

Torrente Cro likes this.
  4. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Where I come from, busting balls means you think someone is cool. You don't waste your time with someone you don't like.

5. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Phil (Animal) Taylor was a source of amusement for his fellow Motorhead bandmates. Apparently he was quite clumsy & could barely get around in the moving tour bus. It also meant becoming temporarily paralyzed on one tour.

6. Naderage

Naderage

Apr 20, 2015
    Florida
    None
    How dare you be responsible. You need to quit your job right now, mister.

7. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Believe me, with my level of talent, no. :D Don't make me post soundclips and prove it! :eek::vomit::roflmao::hyper::bassist:

Naderage likes this.
  8. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Amusement. Maybe
    Chagrin. Definitely.

9. GuiTuber

GuiTuber

Feb 19, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    4 of the 5 of us are cut-ups. We each have a different sense of humor. Practice is always a laugh fest. I keep telling everybody that we need to incorporate all that into our act.

The band leader does a really good impression of Forrest Gump and Sean Connery. One night he was singing a Bee Gees' song in Gump's voice and right on cue, our two harmonists (if that's a word) started singing the perfect harmony at the right moment in the song. They even sounded like the Bee Gees. It was absolutely hilarious.

He also likes to do Gump, occasionally, when we play 867-5309. Jen-nay.

10. Killer Canary

Killer Canary Guest

Aug 27, 2015
    I'd actually love to hear that.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021