1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are you a Rock Star? America's most expensive house is for sale.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stewie26, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Of course it comes with a jet turbine helicopter and a car collection. Not sure if the attractive young lady comes with it too. Only in L.A.
    924 Bel Air Rd.

mikewalker likes this.
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY

Stewie26 likes this.
  3. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Nope. It's golf themed.

4. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Maryland
    You know you're a baller when the "for sale" ad for your house looks like a rap video.

Not my style, but wow.

5. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Only if it includes the collection of outboard motors and the Hermes power saw.

Stewie26 likes this.
  6. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh yeah, my old place. Glad to see they finally got the retractable outdoor IMAX screen operating. Dam thing was always breaking down. Sad to see how they've let the place run down otherwise.

7. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE!

Mar 31, 2010
    That video is nothing without a Robin Leach voiceover.

8. . The guy must have been into boats. There was also a Hobby Cat sailboat fully rigged sitting on the patio.

9. slobake

slobake resident ... something

I have to write that best seller. I wouldn't by the house but I still want to write it.

hrodbert696 and geeza like this.
  10. That's a nice crib, but waaaay overpriced...
    Why, for that kind of money, I could buy at least (3) Fender American Elite P-Basses, AND a nice amp too, so...

Oops, sorry- Wrong thread- This was meant for the "Overpriced Fodera/Sadowsky" section.

My apologies.

kobass, JLY, Stumbo and 2 others like this.
  11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I’d like a house with enough usable space for family, a computer-study room, enough bedrooms 3-4, a basement, a 2-car garage, a covered front - side porch and a nice music room that’s somewhat away from the bedrooms and social areas of a house.

The house pictured is awesome but maintenance costs alone would make it a downer for me. Plus, I just don’t want to live in California.

I prefer a house with a sidewalk out front with walkable streets around it.

Even Berry Gordy’s (former) house on Boston Blvd in Detroit has a sidewalk right out front.

12. No worries. There is a $12.5 million real estate commission for the sale of the home. I am sure the realtors would throw those bases in to close the sale.

B-line likes this.
  13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

That would take way too much work. I’d rather just win a stinkin’ Lotto.

14. slobake

slobake resident ... something

Probably the same odds on that as me writing a best seller.

mikewalker and P. Aaron like this.
  15. I'm sure they would too; but another issue is: I can see the neighboring homes in the not-too-far distance...
    They might not like my morning bass work-out jams.
    The LAST thing I'd need is the Beverly Hills Police bustin' my chops about playing too loud in my mansion...

For a cool quarter billion, I might want a little more acreage...

16. I am sure the neighbors are not too happy when they fire up the jet turbine chopper. Those things are really loud at 120db plus when taking off. Your bass playing would sound like lullaby music in comparison.

B-line likes this.
  17. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    The helicopter is actually a statue, one of the "100 art installations" on the property.
    It's a mock up of "Airwolf" - a Bell 222 something or other chopper, apparently!

A real helicopter - cool!
    A fake one everyone will be asking for rides in, and I need to tell them it's not real?! No thanks... not for my $250,000,000!

18. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

It's in L.A.

I just couldn't bring myself to live there. My Nephew lives there and is getting married this weekend. He loves it. I've visited enough to know I dislike it.

Besides, I'd want to pick my own cars and I hate open floor plan modern design :) Gimme a nice Tudor style home in the English countryside with a 1965 DB5 Aston and I would be perfectly happy :D

Frank Tuesday likes this.