1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are you an enabler? A GAS enabler?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by placedesjardins, Apr 30, 2015.

Are you an enabler?

Poll closed May 7, 2015.
  1. Yes, I love it

53.8%
  2. Yes, but I didn't know

30.8%
  3. No, but I might change

7.7%
  4. No, it's wrong

7.7%
  1. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    We all know what an enabler is. If you don't know, when there is a person with a problem, an enabler is a closely related person who tries to help that person, or thinks they are helping that person by allowing or assisting that person to continue engaging in their problem: addiction, abusive behavior, gambling, etc.

So, GAS is wrong. So there are people with bass guitar gear, but have this delusional thought that they need even more bass guitar gear. More bass guitars, more amps, more effects, different strings, etc. More, more, MORE! An enabler doesn't tell them they need to stop. They encourage the behavior and even help with purchasing decisions and advice. Free advice!!!!

Are you an enabler?

Note, thread and poll are not to be taken seriously. :)

2. BazzTard

BazzTard Banned

THAT is so WRONG ! :)

The only wrong GAS is from eating baked beans hehe.

He who dies with the most toys WINS

3. If I help you to buy new gear that you sell 6 months later it drops the price of used gear so my gas costs me less.

4. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

My wife is a GAS enabler. Fortunately I am a cheapskate.

5. Dash Lashes

Dash Lashes Banned

Feb 20, 2015
    good lord this thread :rollno::roflmao::cool:

i see GAS as a positive and healthy way of living :woot::smug::cool:

my vote is; "it's wrong" (in the name of the beaver: :beaver:)

6. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Where are the carrots? No carrots? We eat beans with lots of carrots, so I'm an enabler. So is my wife. Carrots are a major component of GAS.

7. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    GAS? Yes, I'm hopelessly GAS positive. GEAR GEAR GEAR GEAR GEAR!

Gaolee likes this.
  8. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

GAS? Are we talking about burritos again.
    Yeah I love my burritos wrapped up in red tort foil.
    Never mix burritos and tacos it will make everything taste muddy.
    I had a burrito from a truck on the street. It costs a lot less than those fancy boutique burritos but I have never had a better tasting burrito.
    The best burrito for metal? Black tortilla, black beans, burned meat and bright red hot sauce dripping on the floor.

9. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Look, you know you want to.

Remember that feeling when you got some strange for the first time? Yeah, you can feel that way again. It's ok to be kind to yourself. It's ok to love more than one bass, or amp, or pedal...

It's ok.

And for the record this is what an enabler looks like.
    3leaf_enabler_001.

What?

Dash Lashes and Boom762 like this.
  10. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    I think I'm a self-enabler. I just leave a musician's friend catalog in the bathroom open to the bass guitars page.

11. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    Guns and Guitars I don't mind spending money on because they usually get a decent return on them.

Speaking of GAS, I've got it bad right now.There are 2 items Im bursting to get. A bass that I've wanted for years and an SWR amp that I didnt even know existed. I'm hoping noone else buys them and I get the chance to buy them both when my checks come in.

12. Dash Lashes

Dash Lashes Banned

Feb 20, 2015
    nobody ever says that about their weekly groceries :rollno::bored::bag::help:

13. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    I'd gladly not eat for a week if I could get these 2 items :)

I use to test myself and see how long I could go without food. My personal record was 6 days. I was doing it with a roommate of mine and he gave in on his day 3. He wanted to go to my favorite restaurant and he ended up offering to buy me food to. That's what did me in.

Dash Lashes likes this.
  14. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    I've gone to stores to help & give advice to people purchasing a bass or guitar, and I've given opinions to people I don't even know in stores-when asked.
    (I didn't work there, so I didn't profit from the sale, so they trust that)
    I should get something from that store--even if it's a low percent commission of giftcards for the store...

15. Dash Lashes

Dash Lashes Banned

Feb 20, 2015
    oh great, my new status update lol

Boom762 likes this.