Are You Down With Chimp-People Hybrids?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Son of Wobble, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yes, I love my hybrids! Chimp me!

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. No, no hybrids for me - Cash out my Chimps

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Carrots....Um, I mean, nanners...

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Fire the drummer, hire the Chimp!

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    What if we use Bonobos instead, they're a little more mellow than angry chimps.

Mushroo and Son of Wobble like this.
  2. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Working title: "Going Bananas on the Western Front"?

BurnOut and Son of Wobble like this.
  3. slobake

slobake resident ... something

Or, "From Russia With Bananas."

BurnOut and DirtDog like this.
  4. Lower primates in the band - Where's your head at?

5. I am working on my Chimple shaving system now.
    Just need a good slogan, "For the Chimple that...

Is Chimple a racial slur?

Bassbeater, BurnOut and Son of Wobble like this.
  6. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Time to call in Elon Musk.

Bassbeater, BurnOut and Son of Wobble like this.
  7. BurnOut and Son of Wobble like this.
  8. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    guitar-monkey.jpg

BurnOut and Old Garage-Bander like this.
  9. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    tumblr_nw85brcKXU1s7gti8o1_1280.jpg

saabfender, Wood and Wire and BurnOut like this.
  10. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    While it might seem like it's all fun and games, I feel compelled to remind you all of this:

Bassbeater and BurnOut like this.
  11. BurnOut

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Hey them ain't primates, thems monkeys. What are you trying to pull here?

12. BurnOut

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti

ahc, 1bassleft and Wood and Wire like this.
  13. Wood and Wire

Wood and Wire

Jul 15, 2017

Bassbeater and BurnOut like this.
  14. Wood and Wire

Wood and Wire

Jul 15, 2017
    "Chimping" is paparazzi slang for Checking IMage Preview - an insult towards less experienced photographers, that are constantly checking whether they got the shot, and consequently missing a more important one.

BurnOut likes this.
  15. Ant Illington

Ant Illington I'm Anthony but I'm only illin' Inactive

It's going to take a lot more than chimp people. And will these chimp people be in cooped up like all of the insane zoo animals designed to teach us or will they get to be entrepreneurs (who are conscientious and minimalist so they don't further hurt the world like we do). Or can they be meditative monks who have found freedom from attachment to material things? Anything in the middle, forget it, there is enough suffering in the world.

By the way, if zoos are teaching us anything, I'd hate to see how awful we'd be collectively without zoos. I suspect we'd be no worse.

I'm not saying that we should give up on the world but humans (and other animals) have a long, long history of constant competion to survive and spread, often with brutality, direct or indirect, and lack of "fairness." I don't see that changing anytime soon; you can't change millions of years of genetic programming with simply happy ideas. And if we genetically reprogram people, who goes first? It certainly won't be the families of Zuckerburg, Gates, Buffet, Bezos and other people with too much money and time on their hands for implausible (at least unfair to the common man) ideas that they don't think all the way through. Or do they? THEY will, of course be ruling your future hybrid-human families, read: veritable zombies/slaves.

By the way, modern technology led by these very same people has only enabled MORE people to "abuse" the Earth, and more easily, too. Consumerism is off the charts. Even "well-intentioned" people like Zuckerberg, Gates, Buffet, Bezos and Oprah aren't willing to immediately distribute ALL of their excess money to make a real difference in far more people's lives. If the "change the world" leaders with resources won't do it, and do it immediately, good luck getting the average person to play nice and put the entire brotherhood of mankind and animal-kind on the same level.

People are naturally selfish, it's a biological fact. It's a first-world neurosis to wish this weren't true, frequently suffered by the very people who are effing up the world through their money-hoarding... all while preaching fairness and drumming up more business for themselves.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  16. er, their opposable thumbs? Granted, none of them occupies high rank in the church...

BurnOut likes this.
  17. BurnOut

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    I Know, Right
    smoking-chimp-by-Justin.jpg

Bassbeater and Ant Illington like this.
  18. BurnOut

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    You made me do this, I didn't want to.

Chimpanzees are apes, which lack tails. ... Monkeys are small primates with tails (usually), and most are arboreal.Monkeys fall into two broad groups, New World monkeysand Old World Monkeys. Chimps (and Gorillas, and Orangutans, and Gibbons AND humans) are APES, notmonkeys.

And you be correct, I'm thinkin apes, duh

19. You mean...

saabfender and Ant Illington like this.
  20. De nada. I was wondering if I'd slipped on that banana skin (see what I did there?) myself.

BurnOut likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.