Are You Down With Chimp-People Hybrids?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Son of Wobble, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yes, I love my hybrids! Chimp me!

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. No, no hybrids for me - Cash out my Chimps

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Carrots....Um, I mean, nanners...

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Fire the drummer, hire the Chimp!

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    I was doing my character
    Mr RightFighter

1bassleft likes this.
  2. Ant Illington

Ant Illington I'm Anthony but I'm only illin' Inactive

Yes, the planet will carry on without us! Most of the people who are leading the charge of concern for the planet are really only concerned with their offsprings' quality of life. These people can often be seen sipping Chardonnay on a yacht and are making a tidy profit off of playing both sides of the fence. A good other chunk are sitting in Starbucks not realizing that their "innoccuous" $100,000 salary, their walk-in closets, their new $600 phone every two years, etc, etc is not innocuous- collectively they are the problem. They take a loaf and hand out crumbs to their charity and they dont realize, or even deny, their culpability. I'm not a bitter, poor person, by the way. I make more than I need. I just see things for what they are. Beware of the aforemwntioned leaders and their cohorts who say one thing and do another, living removed by distance/fence/doorman high-rise building or limousine from the very people they claim to care about.

3. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Hypocognitive Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014
    There's gotta be a riotous meme in here somewhere.

BurnOut likes this.
  4. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    It's a terrible idea, which is why people will do it.

BurnOut likes this.
  5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Given the whole slew of "people" I have had to deal with over the years, I would assume we already have a huge population of these hybrids roaming the Earth.

bolophonic likes this.
  6. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    UK
    What do you have against drummers?

Son of Wobble likes this.
  7. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    bass_monkey_by_axevat.jpg Veska_01.jpg hqdefault-1.jpg

8. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    GOOD MORNING, THREAD

I BROUGHT DONUTS

orangatan-voodoo-doughnuts-portland.jpg

slobake and BurnOut like this.
  9. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

CRISPR is some genuinely incredible technology, with applications for humanity far beyond making us hairier. Of course, the concept of editing a hunan being as such is terribly controversial for just a whole big ol’ steaming heap of reasons, and I feel like we’ll have to tackle the issue of “designer babies” long before human-animal hybrids.

This fella’s heart’s in the right place, I think, but what I don’t really understand is why he thinks a human-chimp hybrid is going to be able to teach people anything, let alone teach them respect. It’s hard enough for full on humans to overcome their animal instincts and get their crap together enough to teach effectively, and if just being living proof of the dignity of life was sufficient, we wouldn’t have racism, sexism, ageism, ableism, etc. People aren’t going to respect a chimp-person just because he’s a chimp person, and he’s probably not going to be all that great at advocating for himself.

Is it unethical, though? What all life shares above all else, I think, is that it’s an accident. Nobody asked to be born at all, much less into the circumstances they’re born into. To that end, being born a chimp-person seems no more cruel than being born anything else, but when you’re using the same technology that can make your baby look just like you only healthier and prettier, the chimp thing just probably isn’t going to come up as an issue all that much.

--^@

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Son of Wobble likes this.
  10. I'm waiting for head transplants...

11. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Only if she's good looking...

12. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    So there's the science that debunks that element of the idea, but the implication is still in question. If we make a human chimp hybrid, how will that creature effect how humanity treats non humans? Will this intelligent ape have some insight on the matter? Or is a human face and voice coming from an ape supposed to turn everyone vegan? It's silly on so many levels regardless of where you already are on the subject of how to treat animals.

13. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    A cowpig would be something worth looking into. The meat would be amazing.

14. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Congratulations. Yet another thread that has to be closed because certain people don’t understand that no politics means no politics.

Closed for local moderator review

MJ5150 and GregC like this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.