Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are you getting Aches and Pains with the rainy weather?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 14, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have been asking around and several people told me that when you start getting aches and pains because of the rain it is a good indication of arthritis in the making i dont know how thrue this is but i unfortunetly got some big time pain in my fretting hand (Left Hand) during the second day of this nasty rain storm hitting the North East USA.Anyone else getting any aches or pains due to the weather?

2. Not sure if it's the rain, or the cold, or a combination of both, but my hands always feel kinda weird in this weather. There's a weird tightness in my fingers. But either way, it doesn't seem to affect my playing. I'm guessing it's mostly normal, I'm still young and I hope that my my hands have a lot of life left to them. I'm actually more worried about my hands getting dry and cracking and bleeding due to the cold. Pretty painful and annoying.

3. it is acid rain man!

I get it in the cold. I'd see a doctor, they haven't cured my wrists but they have made them better

4. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Not so much the weather, just age. Us 40'ish guys hauling that frickin gear to gigs. Fortunately with age comes more disposable income and the ability to downsize a bit without sacrificing sound quality.

Damn. I wish I had been this smart and had extra cash at 22.

5. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Yeah. The medical community calls it TMB (too many birthdays) or occaisionally, OFI (old fartitis)

It gets worse. Welcome to the other side of the hill, pull up a chair.

Nice Bassett Hound mrpackerguy.

6. Yeah, I've got the old man back now. You know, that whole "living like I wasn't going to get old when I was a kid" thing.

Some days, rolling out of bed and standing upright is the biggest challenge of the day.

I'm not kidding.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    When I see the bottom of the leaves on the oak tree in my yard, I know the rain is coming. When the rain comes, my surgically repaired knees start to ache a wee bit.

-Mike

8. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Yea I basically busted out my whole torso racing bikes, and when it rains I feel like i'm flexing every muscle in my torso

9. MAJOR METAL

Yeah i feel it in my elbows sometimes after carrying the Ampeg around.

10. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I'm in the same boat as you. Cool humid weather gives my new knee fits.

11. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>>> Get a "TEMPURPEDIC" Mattress....After a week or so of getting used to it, you'll feel like a LOT better...Did wonders for my oldmanitis....Now if I could just find a way to get rid of these bi-focals.....

Slug

12. Yeah, when I slide on the wet driveway and land on my ass.

13. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Easy boys!!!!!

:D :D :D

Mike

14. MAJOR METAL

Is getting these aches and pains any indication for arthritis later in life?

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not joint aches and pains, but I get sinus headaches if the pressure does too much changing.

16. MAJOR METAL

With todays weather i have gotten alittel of it back in both hands.

17. We tried those out when we bought our bed frame 2 years ago. I really, really liked it. I prefer a stiffer mattress. We got one of those "memory foam" pads. Don't waste your money.

18. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I had surgery last year for a torn rotator and a torn bicep on my left side. The recent run of cold/damp/rainy weather here in the NE has been pure torture. I'm able to get through my workouts and have maintained by strength/weights, but the rest of the day is pure hell at times. Even though my injuries are healed, I've seen pictures of the inside of my shoulder and it looks like a grenade went off in there. Surprisingly enough, my heriated discs have been very quiet lately(knock wood). Keeping the joint mobile seems to be my best course of action thus far.