Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Are you guys sick???

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Feb 10, 2005.

1. today would be cliff burton's 43rd birthday and no one posted anything. So, that being said (where's Major Metal when i need him?? :p)... 3 songs seems fitting. one run through (play along with it if you have to) and that's it. i'm gonna do my honor and rip through Anesthesia and see how i do... it's been a while!!! :D

Then i'm gonna hit Am I Evil?... Yes i know they didn't write that one, but Cliff absolutely tears the end of that song up.

Finally, i think i'll give Ride the Lightning a shot.

So Cliff fans, which 3 will you guys play?

ATTN MODS: if this will get more responses in Miscellaneous, move it, please!!

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Why would we be sick because we didn't post about how today would have been the birthday of someone who died twenty years ago? :rolleyes: It's fine to like his playing, but geez, move on.

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I'll play 'The Call of Ktulu', 'Creeping Death', and 'Seek & Destroy'. And what the hell, I'll do 'Welcome Home (Sanitarium)' as well.

Graeme :bassist:

4. yo brian i hear ya, i didn't mean to make it seem like i was obsessed or anything. just a meager tribute.. that's all.. :p

5. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Okay, i dont know anything about him but i'll learn pulling teeth anyway.

6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    k i will break out the big muff and wah and do orion!

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    OK, cool. I was just worried because I've actually met several guys who worship Cliff Burton as if he's the only bass player to ever play more than root-five.

8. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Not much of a metallica fan but i did enjoy a few of cliffs ideas!

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm kind of up in the air on this one. It's cool to remember the guy, but not sure if I need to play some of his music on the day he died as a tribute. He was a dude like me. Just another human...

-Mike

10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I agree that it wasn't a huge affront to Cliff's memory not to do something like this, but now that it's been brought up I'll take up one from each album: "The Four Horsemen", "For Whom The Bell Tolls", and "The Thing That Should Not Be".

I've been on a rather large old-school Metallica kick this past few weeks after watching "Some Kind Of Monster" anyway, so it's not like I'm shifting gears practice-wise anyway. ;)

11. I hate To Admit i didnt know that today was cliffs birthday.im only 17 cliff died the year before i was born but when i heard Pulling Teeth(kill'em All)Back In 97.i knew that bass was the one for me.he inspired me to become a bass player.his body might be gone but his soul is there whn me and other bass players play one of his many excellent bass lines or when we listen to the 3 albums he was with metallica for.still great works of art.

Cliff You Might be gone from our sight but you will never go from our hearts.

RIP My Friend....

12. BlackBass9

BlackBass9

Dec 4, 2004
    I will go for Creeping Death, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and Orion (love the solo part). Cliff still one of my influences, love the guy.

oh yeah, I'm sorry I'm still drunk...

and stuff...

13. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    man you just made me feel so old! :eyebrow: