Are you just inspired by Bassist??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Well, I find allot of inspiration in DJs or keyboard players.
  2. There's this one Stick player named Gregg Howard (he plays with DMB sometimes), he is really good and I try to play like him sometimes.
  3. JWBass

Jul 20, 2001
    Levittown, PA
    I am inspried by all types of musicians. Keyboards, guitars, drums, sax. In particular Jerry Garcia, Bruce Horsby, Branford Marsalis to name but a few. I think you need to take in everything and apply it to your playing style in order to develop it. Bass players are just too obvious an influence on thier own.
  4. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I´m not just inspired by bassists, I´m inspired by EVERYTHING! ..Maybe not everything but..
  5. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    inspiration have little to do with technique, I move it to misc.
  6. sometimes i try to pick out the notes in bird calls, i'm not sure if you would call that inspiration but i am inspired by hendrix, some blues guitar, some rock guitar and a bunch of other stuff
  7. I get most of my inspiration by listening to classical music, specially requiems.. pretty morbid, but sorry.. it's the truth :)
  8. I find inspiration in every type of music that i listen to, any musician too. One of my songs was inspired by Don Alias (Played congas, just listen to Jaco's Donna Lee for an insight)
  9. NightVampZ

Jun 22, 2001
    Well, a few bass players (Twiggy mainly) have inspired me a bit, but in general, it is the actual music, the sound and the vibrations and the feelings that inspire me... It is the picture in my head of what I eventually want to create.

10. Lord Bishop

Lord Bishop Guest

Jul 16, 2001
    Brooklyn N.Y.
    For me there are 3 inspirations. The first one is how well the bassist and drummer work together, do they feed each other, do they compliment each other. The second one is the overall music, the feel of it, the intensity, the groove. And last but not least the bassist, their creativity, their style and their tecnique.
  11. Yeah I mostly feed off our drummer, I try and play around with the same patterns etc. that he's playing. It works especially well with slapping.