1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are you looking foward to the new U2 album ?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 3, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Are you looking foward to the new U2 album ? I am , just read that it looks like it will be released in Feb 2009.

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    No, but I am looking forward to the day they stop writing new music and touring.

Early U2 is great, but post-War they haven't done much that's kept me interested.

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    BLEEP

Sorry, I just dislike 'em immensly.

-that may be but please watch the language. -Blisshead

4. MHensleyJr

MHensleyJr Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Redlands, CA
    No way, I can't stand U2. With the possible exception of Cold Play, they are the most overrated band in history!!:scowl:

5. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I am. I was into them before they were big and they kind of stuck on me since then :)

6. I'll can wait til it starts getting airplay in shopping malls.

7. I can't wait for the new U2 album. It means time is passing, which means they are getting older, which means sooner or later they're gonna die and finally stop making records.

8. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    Yes. I gave up on them after Rattle and Hum, but rediscovered them with Best of 1990-2000.

They're a great band; you just need to take Bono with a grain of salt.

9. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    I am always looking forward to seeing what they do next. Sure, Bono has one of - if not the - biggest egos in rock, but the songs and band are pretty good.

10. Clank

Clank

Jan 7, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Strings
    Yes.

11. magickbass

magickbass Guest

May 24, 2008
    No. U2 are one of, if not thee, worst band in history.

12. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Cool. I don't necessarily like everything they do, but songs like "Elevation" and "Vertigo" are cool.

13. Elrend

Elrend

Feb 24, 2008
    Norway
    I don't think U2 makes bad music. I just don't care about them.

14. It all depends on what this one's going to sound like. If it's anything like Joshua Tree then YES. If it's anything like Achtung Baby then NO. If they go back to their roots of making music and quit trying to save the world from global warming then I think this album might be good.

15. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    IMO, some people just can not get British Rock in general.. If it is up to them, all rock bands should either sound like strangled cock (for clarification, the animal :)) as in many many punkish alternative bands or as if they are having excretory problems as in seatle rock in general... Kidding about the examples; but serious about the appreciation of rather simplex though beautifully executed chord variations mixed with strong lyrics sang by a silky/velvety voice gentleman.

16. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    U2 are Irish, not British! Ireland ain't in the UK!

17. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    U2 vs. The Rolling Stones. Who would win?

18. Chuck Norris :D

19. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    LOL

20. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

No. I'm not a fan. "Zooropa" is the only U2 album with some interesting stuff (to me).