1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are you loyal to 1 brand or all different brands ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by descendent22, Oct 24, 2015.

1. descendent22

descendent22

Jul 29, 2015
    Connecticut
    When it comes to me I'm very loyal to fender ( squier included ) instruments and amps. It's all I play. I own many fender and squier bass's, guitars, and Amps. Other then being a musician I also am cursed in being a collector and I do own other brands as well, but they take a back seat to my fenders when it comes to playing. Fender for me has always just been the way to go,it has always provided the tone,feel,and looks to my satisfaction and needs. The instruments have the perfect feel, and most of the time the right tone. Nothing can come close. When it comes to fender, for me, it's the only brand I can say I would go to the end of the world with. Anyone in the same boat or if not let's hear your story.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  2. I'm almost a photo negative of you. Fender makes fine instruments and I've played several that I really liked, but I don't own one and don't intend to. My mains are a 1988 Charvel 4B with EMG's and an Epiphone Thunderbird IV that I had a Tone Monster preamp shoehorned into. The sound in my head is active; I'm not a fan of passive basses, which is what Fender does really well.

In the end, whatever gets it done is the right one for the player.

Dan Knowlton and Buzz E like this.
  3. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    im loyal to my @$$.

4. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Whatever satisfies my wants. I've owned few basses, but they were various brands.

I started on a Washburn bass, but never owned.

I've owned:
    Schecter
    Fender
    Ibanez
    JBP
    Behringer
    Hartke

I own:
    Fender
    Ibanez
    Hartke

I seek to own:
    Eden
    SWR
    Carvin
    Peavey

I'm no loyalist. I'll buy whatever provides the sound I need.

Ken J, PsyDocHill, Tbone76 and 3 others like this.
  5. west al

west al Ready, PLAY! Supporting Member

I'm loyal to no brand, but I only do use Fender. At this time anyway.

Tbone76 and descendent22 like this.
  6. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Lover my Fender. Nothing else comes close. Love my GK amps. Has worked for me since the 80s and just keeps getting better.

7. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I suppose I'm loyal to Spector and Genz-Benz. That loyalty was earned however. In 25+ years of playing I've played a lot of different brands thanks in part to TB induces GAS. Spectors just feel right and sound right and Genz-Benz gives me the tone and flexibility I'm looking for. I gig quite often and have for a very long time. I have great sound, consistency and the ability to dial in my sound in any room with minimal effort.

japhy4529 likes this.
  8. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    I'm only loyal to awesomeness

9. Dogbertday

Dogbertday Commercial User

Jul 10, 2007
    SE Wisconsin
    Blaine Music LLC
    I guess you could say fender, except I'm not 100% satisfied with my gear and I'm constantly looking. Got my first p bass because I needed an affordable instrument I could get through any gig on. Same for my vmp5 and needing a 5 string. I keep trying other stuff though as I can tell my tastes are changing. My hunch is that I have expensive tastes so I'll be with this gear for a while.

10. VWbug

VWbug

Sep 11, 2010
    New Jersey
    Mostly Fender. I started with Fender and then thought I needed something else. Now I'm back to Fender because it's mostly all been good experiences. Just a decent quality basic bass. I'm beginning to feel a loyalty to Mono M80 gig bags. Mine is still looking almost as good as new. I love the pocket at the top of the bag for pencils and a sharpener for chart notes. Also puts nail clippers and earplugs in easy reach without rooting through a lower pocket. Compared the M80 to others and I wasn't crazy about how they look but beauty is as beauty does.:D

Oh... Also have GK amps and they've served me well. 800RB/15" and an MBS & 12" extension cab.

I like to keep it simple, reliable and basic. :)

11. TheLBB

TheLBB

Mar 25, 2012
    Vancouver
    I'm loyal when I find something that works for me. I'm on to my 4th or 5th fender (keep trading up) I'd keep buying Markbass stuff, mxr pedals and so on. For me, these brands have earned some loyalty because they have preformed gig after gig.

FlatwoundFunk and VWbug like this.
  12. I have 4 Fenders, 3 Carvins, and 3 KALAs. Ampwise its an original Nemesis I have had since '97 and a Harke 12 cabinet and a Genz Benz head. I guess you could say I have brand loyalty, in a twisted way, but I really like what works, sounds good, and is dependable. The Kalas have stock strings and all the rest of the basses have GHS strings.

13. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    I'm loyal to Spectors. It's the bass that feels right in my hands. It's the tone I'm looking for.

Spent, japhy4529 and JB36 like this.
  14. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    I couldn't care less what brand bass I'm playing. If it feels good, sounds good and looks good to me, I'm satisfied.

Haji, FlatwoundFunk and MobileHolmes like this.
  15. BboogieXVII

BboogieXVII

Feb 4, 2013
    jammin
    I've got a Peavey made in China. Not loyal to it though. I cheat on it by playing other people's P basses at jam sessions. If I owned a P bass I would probably set the alarm for 2:00 AM every night before bed just to wake up and make sure it was still in the case.

PsyDocHill, ironbass617 and VWbug like this.
  16. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Nothing really inspires loyalty, but I'm partial to certain things.

17. I don't know. I Suppose I fall in love with one brand at a time. Right now I have a pair of musicman basses. A mia stingray 5 and a sterling by musicman ray34cafl fretless. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    But I did go through a warwick phase for about a decade. Had an original FNA, a corvette standard, thumb bo5, and thumb nt5.
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg Outside of warwick and musicman I haven't been very loyal. I've had two fenders a p bass standard and a Fretless jazz standard, and I've owned an ibanez, peavey, and a conklin.

18. Bassmunnky

Bassmunnky

Jul 3, 2004
    New York and Philadelphia
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball MusicMan Guitars
    Fender Family Man

Fender
    Musicman
    G&L

19. Buzz E

Buzz E

Sep 25, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    I have a Fender P bass, but I'm not a fanboy. They do make some great instruments. I also have a Stingray and a Schecter. Each has it's own unique tone and it's own place in my arsenal. For me, this trio gives me the most variety of tone for the styles I play. I couldn't play what I do stuck to just one brand.

20. drlndrve

drlndrve one root at a time

May 7, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I would really like to be loyal to Fodera and Sadowsky.....can anyone help me with that?

r10, PsyDocHill, Haji and 8 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021