Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Arg! Name that Sabbath/Ozzy tune!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Brendan, May 12, 2001.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I heard this on the radio the other day...can't get it outta my head. Sounds like later Ozzy, but don't know... It's a riff that that's like (can't believe I'm about to do this!)

Du nu nun. Du nu nun. Du nu nun, nun un nu, nu nu nu. Du nu nun (ect)...:D:D Sorry...works better when I SAY it...not type it...

Only lyric I can recall is "Your Contribution goes unnoticed" and "Your Contribution lies in ruin" each one is at the beginning of a verse...and I can't find that darned song. Any help here? Or am I too vauge, which I highly suspect I am. Thanks anyway!

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Brendan, fear not, you have lots of company. My son worked at Camelot Muisc while he was in college. He told me dozens and dozens of times a day, but especially at Christmas, some one would come to him and sing some riff or recall vague lyrics and ask him what song it was, because they wanted to buy the CD.

He said he almost never knew or had a clue what they were singing. In fact, I have done that, too, but now my son has made me so self conscious, I don't do that in record stores any more, but I have done the vague lyric quote thing here...quite recently in fact.

By the way, I don't know the name of the song you are asking about. Sorry.

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    She is not Ozzy, she is Helmet. The song is called "Unsung."

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Thanks Hategear! You rule! That was SO helpful...now I can get that song outta my head! Thanks mucho!

5. Ya I have a song I can't figure out also. I thinks it may also be early Ozzy or Black Sabbath.

All I can remember is: I met her on a Monday and my heart stood still. . . The Doo Run Run the Doo Run Run. I know its knind of vague but thanks if you can help.

:D:D

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Gruffpuppy, could it be "American Woman" by the Guess Who?

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Gruff Puppy, you are cracking me up, big time.