Argh! Blister!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tzetze, May 31, 2003.

1. Our 3-piece band played its first gig last night on the opening night of Carrickmacross's bank holiday weeked music festival. This is the first gig I've ever played, and couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the scene! We're a covers band playing mostly rock/blues. (Think Hendrix, Zeppelin, Clapton, J.J. Cale and a little Beatles thrown in for good measure)

We got off to bit of a shaky start what with the nerves a janglin and all, but soon settled in. The crowd was amazing. Giving us roars of approval. Man, did we rock that joint last night! We left em thirsty for more - figuring that's the best way to do it.

Anyhow, I woke up this morning with a pretty major blister right on the tip of my middle plucking finger. I guess I must have been digging in fairly hard. The thing is, we have an outdoor set to play tomorrow afternoon on the street and I'm afraid of it bursting during the set. It's sore enough to the touch as it is, but would be even worse playing while it's burst.

Anyone else been in a similar situation? And if so, what would you recommend to make the whole experience as least painful as possible?
  2. get a hypodermic needle, take your thumb and push on the blister from the side to make it a big bubble, then gently stick it and drain it. its painless, and the extra skin there will hopefully fix the problem temporarily while it heals.